What's new

Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

DiggerBug

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
473
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

Well, I thought Nana was going to post our hunt from Fri. but I think she has been busy researching maps for us.
We went to a neighbors behind Nana's house where there is a really old small family cemetery with a pasture between it and a pond.

100_6755.webp
100_6750.webp
Stone2.webp

Started Mding from the cemetery moving toward the pond looking for an old house site.

100_6754.webp
100_6753.webp

We only found nails and shotgun shells.

Smith\'s.webp

But as I was MDing back toward the cemetery I came across this "Golden Mushroom". I swear Nana didn't have a can of gold spray paint with her. I've never seen a mushroom like this one. Isn't it strange what you come upon while MDing?

100_6758.webp

After getting only a few hits we decided to move on up the mountain to the community pool. Sorry, forgot to take pics here.
Found lots of pennies and I don't know if it was coincidence but I found a Space Jam token! (mushrooms..space..?)

SpaceJam Token.webp

Keepers for the day....

SmokeRisePool.webp

We had a great time, enjoyed ourselves as usual and are planning the next outing.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

Intresting Site & cool Token DB

For some reason (ALTHOUGH STRANGE) I Don't think
EU was Trying to Rude.

I Reviewed his posts, after he posted ,
and he seems like a Friendly Sort.

Was hopeing he'd Explain.

Any Way
Happy Hunting

JEFF
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

jeff of pa said:
Intresting Site & cool Token DB

For some reason (ALTHOUGH STRANGE) I Don't think
EU was Trying to Rude.

I Reviewed his posts, after he posted ,
and he seems like a Friendly Sort.

Was hopeing he'd Explain.

Any Way
Happy Hunting

JEFF

Maybe he was just having a bad morning or his post just came across wrong. Been there, done that myself.
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

rtde3 said:
That looks like a good spot to hunt to me! I would hit it some more.
I like the pictures of the old tombstones. What did it say across the bottom of the one for James Hamilton?

Not sure rtde3. I need to go back and survey the whole cemetery and post it on the genealogy webstie. It's so grown up it's hard to get in there.
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

I'm sure the citizen didn't mean to come off as such a pompous a--.
He probably just woke up on the wrong side of the Atlantic. :D
Couldn't help it. hhihihi ;)
:-*
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

Daisy said:
I'm sure the citizen didn't mean to come off as such a pompous a--.
He probably just woke up on the wrong side of the Atlantic. :D
Couldn't help it. hhihihi ;)
:-*
Now thats funny, right there!
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

Nice post, pics and finds DB! Thanks for taking the time to share it. Square nails=old, looks like you are close. I think EU might have a language barrier, happens to me a lot. Nana is turning into a great detectorist, you two will make a great team and it is very nice to have a partner! HH, Mike
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

I agree on the language barrier / not trying to be rude. Eu was trying to be cute I think...especially with the big smiley face posted after his text.

Looks like you had a fun day!
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

Daisy said:
I'm sure the citizen didn't mean to come off as such a pompous a--.
He probably just woke up on the wrong side of the Atlantic. :D
Couldn't help it. hhihihi ;)
:-*

Good one. He was rude to me once, so I don't know if it's a language problem or a sour grapes problem. Don't care which one it is either, to each his own.

Nice looking site. So glad to know you'll be putting the cemetery info on the genealogy site. WTG You girls are doing great.
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

What is that Space Jam token? I have one just like it. I thought at first it was a Mardi Gras souveneir, but it is thicker than most.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-005E.webp
    MVC-005E.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 303
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

bigcypresshunter said:
What is that Space Jam token? I have one just like it. I thought at first it was a Mardi Gras souveneir, but it is thicker than most.

BigCypress, from what I was able to find "Space Jam" was a Warner Bro's movie that came out in 1996. It was Michael Jordan's film debut. I believe the tokens came with the purchase of the video. The characters on the front of the token battled/played against the characters on the back of the token.
 
Re: Strange MDing Find "The Golden Mushroom"

Sounds like a good spot and lots of luck next time out.
I love detecting woods and orchards in the early spring so I can look for morel shrooms, they are yummy. They are the only ones I pick because they are very unique looking and impossible to confuse with others, even the false morel.
HH
Mark G
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom