What's new

Strange plate from Colonial cellar

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this at a colonial cellar that was abandoned in the 1800's..

Found the buckle near it..


Anyone know what this could be for :dontknow:


Blaze
 

Attachments

  • farm house hunt 005.webp
    farm house hunt 005.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 764
  • farm house hunt 006.webp
    farm house hunt 006.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 809
Great job Pete!I had a suspicion thats what it was but I wouldnt have been able to find an exact match like that!!!
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Great job Pete!I had a suspicion thats what it was but I wouldnt have been able to find an exact match like that!!!
Thanks Man, :wink: .....it took a sec or two to get it narrowed down.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0
That guard is an early one! I've found part of one even older, but want the whole sword. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
I recognized it immediately as a sword guard, but would never have imagined that it came fro a circa 1796 spadroon - mainly because I had never heard of a spadroon until now :laughing7: :tongue3:

That is a great find Blaze. Maybe the pommel cap and the rest of the guard is still out there if not the blade itself.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom