• sorry_no_more_clues.jpg
    sorry_no_more_clues.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 876

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that is unusual. I'm not saying that these rocks weren't placed there, because they very well may have been, but i have seen other rocks stacked in a similar manner that were deposited by glaciers. when the glacier melted, it placed big rocks on top of other big rocks that were deeper in the ice. in your photo however, it looks like there are two formations right next to one another. makes the chances of them being a natural phenomenon a little slimmer doesn't it?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
maybe the local library would have some info on the native people of Australia, and whether or not they used markers like this?

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked into it, it mentions one tribe who lived in the local rainforest but that's about it, I'm wondering if I should or could somehow put together a research trip into the local caves nearby. The Natives killed a lot of the first Europeans and took their valuables; maybe a cache could be hidden up there.

There is a story I heard of a local metal detectorist walking into a cave and finding old bank notes, jewellery and gold sovereigns minted in the 1850's and also human skeleton with a bullet hole in the forehead, he ran off very scared and apparently never returned... this hill is roughly in the same place.

I'm thinking that these rocks could be a sign, more research is needed.. .and hopefully next time I'm in the field cows don't try to chase me down!!! >:( :D

P

PostFatal

the caves sound good but i'm wondering what could be under the rock mounds.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are Many Formations like that all accross The Country.

Around here they blame the Larger ones on Glacier's.

I'm not so Sure.

Either way, I'm sure someone in the past either Worshipped
them or Thought about the fact they could be used for a
perminant Land Mark.

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Hey Tommy, those rocks could easily be Jesuit. The Jesuits were in Queensland for over a hundred years or more.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful. That rockpile looks a lot like a funeral cairn. You may just be digging up somebody's grandpappy!

Mike

yanis

Aug 9, 2004
The ground nside the three rock formation looks kind flat, Go over the area with 1 or 2 meter coil,
Regards
Yanis

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimRino said:
It's obvious there's a Spanish treasure there it's a pile of rocks right Gollum ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GEE! Another ver unMENSA-ish statement! See, if you read my posts, I am honest with my opinions! I stated it looks more like a funeral cairn. If I don't think there is anything there, I say it. Yes, it has gotten me into arguments with some poeple here too.

I think for somebody who claims MENSA associations, you might have read and understood my posts a little better. You jump in with your 24 posts, acting "Holier Than Thou" pretending like you have some greater intellect and knowledge than everybody else here. Without personally seeing a site, I NEVER speak in absolutes (unlike yourself). If you read my posts, you will see "It looks like" "You may have something" and other such things. Only idiots speak in absolutes. Like the icthyologists who said that any belief that the Giant Squid existed was ludidrous (That wasn't very long ago).

So, Mr. Ozark MENSA, if you have a problem with me, bring it on. But before you post things, go to my profile, and read my past posts. Once you get an idea of who I am, then you may be able to make a cognizant (adjective: fully informed) argument against something I said.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys, lets not attack each other on our methods, techniques, what ever.... instead respect each others opinions and remember we are all in this together :)

First of all thank you to the people who took the time to have a look at this thread and reply and also send me information THANKS I really appreciate it!
I'm saving up for a better Metal Detector to come back to this area and have a poke around, I'll keep you all posted on what happens and if I find anything or nothing..

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tommi,

Sorry to get this way on your thread, but TimRino seems to have a thing for me. This started on another thread. If you read all of his previous posts, you will see that the great majority of them are attempting to show his intellectual superiority over other people. About 20 of his 24 posts are being derisive and attacking other people's thoughts and ideas.

His Avatar says it all. A picture of Albert Einstein with the subheading MENSA Maniac. He seems to be an arrogant a$$ with a need to ridicule others to feel superior.

Sorry again, I just don't back down from arrogant people! ;D ;D

Best,
Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO to whom it may concern: SHADDUP! hehehehehehehhe

We have enough useless bickering with gboy and my self sigh.

I am married, so I get enough of that out side of the forums, even my Doggie disagrees with me sniffff

Tropical Tramp

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommi,
Have you searched the place by any means ?
Next time you get up there get lts of good photos, measure the distances between the rocks and make a site map, so ou can work it home. But search the place with a metal detector.
Its usefull to have a camera with you, although a metal detector is much more usefull.
Happy searhing,
Digman.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said before, Tommi,

Be careful, you may just be digging up somebody's ancestor. I'm not too knowledgeable about aboriginal burial practices, but that rockpile mightr just be a funeral cairn.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JudyH said:
gollum said:
Hey Tommi,

Sorry to get this way on your thread, but TimRino seems to have a thing for me. This started on another thread. If you read all of his previous posts, you will see that the great majority of them are attempting to show his intellectual superiority over other people. About 20 of his 24 posts are being derisive and attacking other people's thoughts and ideas.

His Avatar says it all. A picture of Albert Einstein with the subheading MENSA Maniac. He seems to be an arrogant a$$ with a need to ridicule others to feel superior.

Sorry again, I just don't back down from arrogant people! ;D ;D

Best,
Mike

:-*.....Mikey, Mikey.....I think I'm fallin' in love.... ;D

Bout time! I've been head over heels for you! ;) ;)

Mike

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found crazy rocks in a field :D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommi said:
Tree & Rock :)

I trained bonsai for just a while. Trees that grow like that over rock are usually intentional in my opinion. The tree is planted in "root over rock" style and covered with moss to keep the roots damp. After the roots establish themselves somewhat a rock is placed beneath the roots. Since the roots should be somewhat thickened when placed over the rock the new root shoots will grow rather quickly, thereby, finding their way into the soil beneath and around the rock. After a period of time the moss can be removed and the roots will begin to dry and harden.

What I really mean to say is Paul Bunyon really had a green thumb and I like his technique......

Laater

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread