What's new

Stringtown Spurred Lance

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
16
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stringtown Spurred Lance. Found 1552661061637-1253070100.webpin Vinton County Ohio. Made of Zaleski flint. Link to video of find.

 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Super find & video! Welcome. I saw one of those found in Franklin Co. Oh. It was not nearly as nice.
 
Hard to beat a day like that!

Great Find!
 
Beautiful point!
 
Zaleski chert is what most of the artifacts are made of from in my area. It makes a pretty artifact with its black waxy look but also makes artifacts very hard to find. Thanks for your comment and good luck to u.
 
I can see it is well made from your picture!

How about posting some more pictures? Not all of us are slaves of google... lol
 
I like the knob'd base. Thanks for sharing.
 
Everything Relicgrubber said.Good strong artifact
 
Awesome Point. I love the Zaleski Flint. We don't find a lot of it down here in Scioto county but we find a few pieces made from it.
 
Nice short, sweet video. Great find!
 
Beautiful blade. Congrats
 
Are you from Franklin County?
I lived in south Columbus when in grade school. Dad was stationed at Lockbourne AFB. Later I moved to GroveCity. I searched the fields along the Scioto and Darby in Franklin & Pickaway counties. I have all my points from then and my brothers stuff too. I still love Ohio points and enjoy seeing them posted here. Please keep on showing your finds.
 
The Stringtown Spurred Lance point was actually name after a site on Stringtown Rd (Grove City). Are u familiar with the site on Stringtown Rd?
 
Last edited:
The Stringtown Spurred Lance point was actually name after a site on Stringtown Rd (Grove City). Are u familiar with the site on Stringtown Rd?
I knew the point got it's name from Stringtown Rd. I never saw the site or knew exactly where it was. A lot of paleo artifacts were found in southern Franklin Co. Stringtown Rd. is all built up now especially near the freeway interchange.
 
I met Ernie Good who always claimed he gave the point its name. By the time I met him he was too old to go out searching but had the most incredible collection I have seen to this date. He had a large garage he converted to a museum of sorts and his Ohio stuff was unreal. He donated a lot of stuff to the Ohio Historical Society Museum and has a plaque on the wall there. He lived in GroveCity a few miles from Stringtown Rd. & the Scioto River. He was very tight lipped about his sites!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom