What's new

strong signals

streakert

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
414
Reaction score
500
Golden Thread
0
Location
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok while MD last summer i worked a flat bottom thirty feet from a stream the ground was all clay wet, i got a slamming hit reading strong silver tone, the signal area measured three feet by five feet, i marked it and came back a few days later with digging tools, shovels, i dug a pit down three feet by five feet and found nothing, getting frustrated, i checked the clay that was remover from the hole and got no signal, still getting a signal in the hole every were i took my spade shovel and pushed it as deep as it would go and did not hit anything, I filled in the hole, it still reads strong silver, and bothers me to this day,
i am looking for answers,
first how deep can a mind lab explorer II, read if reading threw fine wet clay grey in color,
i trust this machine i just cant believe its reading something that deep,
frustrated i classified it as a strong ghost single and left it their.
this site is a thousand yards from old Georgia ave leading out of Washington, i cant see someone burring a grave so close to a stream with out a head stone, the ground is very clean in a feild five hundred feet from an 1800s cellar hole i have been working,,

help,thanks :BangHead:???
 
It happened to me years ago! I got a reading in an area app. 3' dia. I dug down in the center2' still got reading. Got a post hole digger and went down another foot. Nothing! After thinking about it, I dug down on the edge of the signal. Hit a wagon wheel rim almost 1' down. Moral of the experience, Hit the edge. Frank...
111-1 profile.webp
 
Sounds intriguing! Like Frankn said it could be an object that has spaces. GL.
 
interesting i no if i looses to much sleep over it this year I'm gonna have to reopen that hole.
 
Same thing happened to me. I was hunting above a cannon emplacement site and, after digging about two feet, just knew I had found something great. Found a route through the woods to bring a backhoe. Decided to try post hole diggers first. When I put my coil down the seven ft hole, I only got a signal closer to the top. Started digging out from the edges and found a large roll of wire with a deep hole right in the center of it.
 
Were you in all metal or in discrimination?
 
I was in discrimination
 
My bet is that it was a piece of rusty iron. It can sound wonderful, just like silver. Sometimes if it is small and you dig it up, once it is uncovered the signal will get discriminated out and dissappear. Or it could be a huge, deeply buried piece.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom