What's new

Stuck in Cinncinatti OH for a week with no detector

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I am attending a training class here for a week and had a day to do some looking around at potential detecting spots.
I purposely didn't bring my detector because the hours I was going to be in class would not really allow it, but I did get around
last saturday to do some recon. I am near a site called "Sharon Woods". Anyone ever huinted in there or is it a big no no as a park?
Another site that someone definetly should take advantage of is a huge building project on the side of the freeway off of Mt. Adams
as you head into downtown cincy. Anyone hit this. The dirt is a dark rick blackish brown indicating a ton of age. On sunday when i was there,
the gate was fully open on one side. So far i have not seen anyone anywhere detecting. I also took a drive down both sides of the river that
goes past cincinatti. Lots of really old places. If I lived back here (I'm from the west coast), I'd be all over these places. Seems like there is tons of
potential here.
Maybe by the next time I come out I can hook up with someone here. While I was driving around I also found a free fossil digging park near my hotel.
Kinda cool. I dug a few fossil coral branches and brachiopod (shells).
See yah.
 
coinshooter said:
Hi all,
I am attending a training class here for a week and had a day to do some looking around at potential detecting spots.
I purposely didn't bring my detector because the hours I was going to be in class would not really allow it, but I did get around
last saturday to do some recon. I am near a site called "Sharon Woods". Anyone ever huinted in there or is it a big no no as a park?
Another site that someone definetly should take advantage of is a huge building project on the side of the freeway off of Mt. Adams
as you head into downtown cincy. Anyone hit this. The dirt is a dark rick blackish brown indicating a ton of age. On sunday when i was there,
the gate was fully open on one side. So far i have not seen anyone anywhere detecting. I also took a drive down both sides of the river that
goes past cincinatti. Lots of really old places. If I lived back here (I'm from the west coast), I'd be all over these places. Seems like there is tons of
potential here.
Maybe by the next time I come out I can hook up with someone here. While I was driving around I also found a free fossil digging park near my hotel.
Kinda cool. I dug a few fossil coral branches and brachiopod (shells).
See yah.

I would definitely get permission to hunt the construction site. You do not want to get a trespassing charge. You will have to look at the park department or city rules. If no metal detecting clause, I would do it. Only leave if they tell you. Good luck my west coast friend! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom