What's new

Stumbled on a Long Gone Colonial Site this Weekend!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across a long forgotten colonial site this weekend. It was in an old area & everything came out of a yard where a modern house now sits. I saw some blue rim pottery in the driveway & got a good feeling. I think this is going to be a good site, hopefully a good coin(s) will surface soon! I spent about 4 hours there, couldn't take much of the humid heat yesterday. This just goes to show that you never know until you look! There are a lot of sites that aren't documented but they are out there! Some of the best sites I have were pure speculation. Happy I was able to save some history, can't wait to do it again! andiron.webpcolone.webptombacs_dec.webptombacs.webpflatties.webp
 
Upvote 34
No Idea on your handle thing, but tombac buttons are good finds, and when they are showing up something very good can happen. A silver coin from that era will make you very happy. Good luck on the return.
 
Good finds, and sounds like a spot with lots of potential. Good luck on your future hunts there.
 
Looking good congrats on your finds and good luck in the future
 
Very well done Josh. Looks like the a good spot... perhaps a coin will appear next.

Best of luck sir!
 
Really nice finds! You've definitely got hot site there. Looking forward to seeing what else you dig up!
 
Awesome finds you have there. You got lucky having there being a much older home on the same site as the more modern home. Hope the place keeps on producing!
 
nice finds! gotta love finding buttons!
 
Nice finds! Somehow, the way you post (font, picture quality, etc.) shows you are passionate about history. Keep it up.

aj
 
Nice finds. Looks like a great site to go back to.

Awesome pics too btw.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom