Stumbled on an Early 1800s Home Site With Dman Today & CW Hunt With Josh last Friday

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stumbled on an Early 1800s Home Site With Dman Today & CW Hunt With Josh last Friday

Dman and I met about 9 am today (Feb. 10) to try and locate a U.S. CW camp nearby a site where we had previously dug CW bullets. We knew there was a small spring fed stream about a quarter mile from the site where we dug relics. We drove back into the farm and parked the truck above the stream. Doug started walking west on the same side of the stream where we parked and I crossed the stream and headed west paralleling the stream as well. Less than 5 minutes later, I dug a large coat size 30 mm. flat button. Unless this was just a random loss, we knew there was a very early home site nearby. It only took 5 minutes to locate it by the iron field. Except for shotgun brass, no modern day trash was there. Doug’s first relic was a cuff button. We both dug a brass buckle. I dug the small brass lock fly cover that reads ”W.M. & co.”. We didn’t locate the CW camp but had fun hunting the old home and our morning finds are shown on the green towel.
The next pic on the orange Modern Miner “Relic Rag” is from an 1862 CW camp hunt with Tenn. Josh last Friday. Josh dug a nice carved bullet during our 3 hour hunt that afternoon. It’s very possible that the same Union Soldier who carved Josh’s bullet that he found Friday (pic #3) also carved the bullets in the photo collage. Left to Right-Doug’s, Josh’s, & my carved bullet from the same area of that camp. HH from the Tennessee Trio.

Attachments

• DSCN1053.JPG
    DSCN1053.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1045.JPG
    DSCN1045.JPG
    931.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1047.JPG
    DSCN1047.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Carved.jpg
    Carved.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 10

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
You guys will never run out of places to hunt. Glad to see you add to your growing collections also, can't wait to go again!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth a shot , that is beautiful location near a stream , rolling hills etc . , probably a 200 + building site imho , Good Luck .

dawg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Worth a shot , that is beautiful location near a stream , rolling hills etc . , probably a 200 + building site imho , Good Luck .

dawg
When the landowners do eventually sell that farm Dawg, there probably will be 200 new homes on that site. Very valuable real estate. HH my friend, Q.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those fields look promising for sure. You never know what you will find. That is what makes it fun. Lots of swing time to be had there. You guys just elimanated that home stead and set a time for it. It was probably gone when troops came thru too. Seems like the spring would have been the key though. I try to remember that trees are ready for harvest every 30 years and the sound of the army was the sound of chopping trees. Chickamauga was nothing but tree stumps. Good luck!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YEAH! :thumbsup: Another good hunt from the Duo of the Trio. Q, I think you're going to have to reinforce your floor to hold all the LEAD! You know I LOVE the carved bullets!
Way to go :)
Breezie

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job guys. Which one of the Trio is going to dig the next CW buckle? Glad Doug wore his insulated undies. He looked warm and ready to take a nap. :tongue3:
I love those carved bullets. :thumbsup:
Any idea where I can get one of those Modern Miner "Relic Rags"? I hear they are made right here in the U.S. :laughing7:
Thanks for the video Q. Great tune!
-Duhg-

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your videos, you picked a great song too. I'm glad Doug kept his pants on, its nice how you had him bird dogging on point for you on the video. What a beautiful area to hunt, those rolling hills. Thanks for sharing that.
Brad

I keep bringing my video camera, but I get so intent on hunting I never remember to use it. Of course it helps to find stuff that's worthy of film, ha lol.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Quindy and it looks like a beautiful place to hunt, especially if those temps were in the 50's at least! Great finds and good luck on the next trip there!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs Quindy i am so jealous you guys are getting to dig!!!

I have been researching hardcore and when the time comes....Look out...

Blaze

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go Quindy. Great job. Good to see y'all getting out. Congrats on some great finds and another video. Keep them coming. Talk to you soon.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Quindy, sure wish I could get out. Surprising that was all the keepers you found at that house site. Must not have been occupied very long or they were dirt poor. I'm headed to Texas next month and hope to get out a few times.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE buttons too, Burt! AND the carved bullets. That place is a never ending surprise. What a great bunch of relics you all have saved. Jay and I walked a ridge in the woods yesterday in search of an old home place and found it. It was quite chilly. Good thing I remembered to put my thermals on. lol My cuff thing on my MXT was broken. Had to quick fix it with my hair band. You don't realize how important that little item is until it's broken. If it wasn't so snowy I make the trip to Tuscumbia to pick one up today. OH..and Quindy looks great behind the podium too. ;)
Great going and enjoyed the video!
Nana :hello:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH..and Quindy looks great behind the podium too. ;)
Great going and enjoyed the video!
Nana :hello:

He looks a lot like Ted Kennedy to me Nana. :laughing7:

Attachments

• ted_kennedy_4.jpg
    ted_kennedy_4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Richard (Tnmountains). Next to water, firewood was a necessity especially in winter as you know full well. HH, Q.

Breezie, you have dug your share of carved bullets & soldier's art. Thanks & HH, Q.

MM, it's acarifice but I'll dig the next buckle or not-LOL. HH, Q.

Thanks Casper2. HH, Q.

TH, Doug didn't complain about being cold at all. He thought he would dig an old coin at that site-LOL. Q.

Matt, it was 42 deg. here today & good scouting weather. I hope you can hunt this weekend. HH, Q.

JB, I ventured out today and found a new CW site for us to hunt. It was 19 deg. when I got there & 42 when I left. I'm braced for you next post. HH, Q.

Randy, I hope you miss the snow & can hunt this weekend. HH, Q.

Steve, We don't think that house was even there when the Union soldiers passed through and they were poor too. Few of the old home sites we hunt have ANY $. HH, Q.

Nana, when someone's "cuff thing" breaks, it just ruins your day. Nice field repair Miss MacGuyver-LOL. Enjoy the snow & HH, Q.

MM, I wish i had some of the Kennedy money-LOL. HH, Q.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could we get an injunction to stop Doug from talking about his underwear in your videos? :D

Nice work on finding that site. One day you are going to get one of those early house sites that has some FINE relics in it!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huge button. Looks like a nice place to hunt. Yeah, it was snowing but you have to look on the positive side, Quindy. At least Doug had his pants on! Thanks for the video and pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We need an court order for a mental eval BB-LOL. That day of a good old house site may be tomorrow my friend. HH, Q.

Thanks OD. He kept his pants on today-LOl. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread