What's new

🥇 BANNER Stunning Early Militia Artillery Belt Plate leaves me stunned! WOW!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When you text a find to some of your best buddies and they all curse at you, that's when you know you have something really killer.

Well today was that day for me, and I'm so pleased with this find despite a new fan club being started called "FU Steve" (whatever that means) lol.

I've been having some luck at a site I'd all but written off. You see I've been staying away from the street - perhaps for reclusive reasons, or perhaps because I don't want other detectorists to spot me. Either way, lately, I've been chancing it and scoring lots of large cents and early buttons. Today I was hammering away and got a slamming hit on the Deus. The kind that make the Deus overload and sound like it's in stereo. I dig it despite being sure it was junk...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488332996.795949.webp

I say a few expletives after figuring out what it was.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333031.016703.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333042.838859.webp

After some good advice from a few experts, I clean it with nothing but a toothpick and a chip brush.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333138.528331.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333151.668432.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333161.975096.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333176.633704.webp

Finished off with some renaissance wax and viola!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333208.848936.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333220.977871.webp

A few friends with some incredible knowledge have confirmed it's a Ca. 1820 Militia Artillerist Belt Plate.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488333354.587879.webp

Plate #4 in Crouch.



It was a true blessing to dig this plate, especially in the condition it's in. Enjoy and good hunts everyone.

Steve
 
Last edited:
Definitely Banner Worthy

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger
 
That is a gorgeous relic!

strick
 
I made some room up there for you Steve, gotta get that Nova over to the ----> somehow.:occasion14:

Haha. Thanks Mike. There are some great finds up top for all to see, so maybe the plate will eventually join yours. Fingers crossed:)
 
that's a great find my friend all I can say is wow!
 
Awesome find man:occasion14:
:rocks: Isn't it cool when you think you dig junk ,its something amazing. That's a dig it all moment:headbang:
 
amazing find! congrats dude!
 
Wow! That's a banner. Great job & advice on cleaning, beautiful

Congratulations, Unbelievable it speaks for itself. I've got my voter I.D card and I'm gonna use it.

Definitely Banner Worthy

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Thanks guys. I've been showing the Plate off to all the guests at my house this weekend (busy one). Thanks for the Banner votes all!
 
Wow is right!
 
How is this not a banner find yet? My vote is in!
 
WOW! That is awesome. From first pic to last is amazing! Nice find and good work getting back to looking so beautiful. Someday I hope to find something as neat as that.
 
DANG SCRAP YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE A GROWN MAN CRY , DAMN WHAT A PLATE CONGRATS.
 
this isn't a banner yet LOL...must be a glitch in the Matrix!
 
What and amazing plate! So awesome!
 
Beautiful Plate in superb condition.
You did a great job, and it cleaned up nicely.
I think im ready to join the ** Steve Club.
Defintely banner worthy.
 
DANG SCRAP YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE A GROWN MAN CRY , DAMN WHAT A PLATE CONGRATS.

Thanks Sut. I haven't seen you around much. Glad to see you're still gracing Tnet buddy.
 
this isn't a banner yet LOL...must be a glitch in the Matrix!

Beautiful Plate in superb condition.
You did a great job, and it cleaned up nicely.
I think im ready to join the ** Steve Club.
Defintely banner worthy.

Banner in the eyes of peers is what's most important. Thanks for looking guys. The club is almost at its limit...better hurry. Lol
 
Back to page one you go, you pretty little thing you.
 
Back to page one you go, you pretty little thing you.

Haha. Yes, posts get buried rather quickly on the main board. I'm glad a whole lot of members enjoyed the Plate and I also appreciate all the FU's and banner Votes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom