mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some members have reported TD banks being open on Sunday although not in my area. As for coin counters, just keep your eyes open as you are making your rounds.

tdu150

Greenie
Dec 29, 2012
SW Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Michigan here I am not sure what you folks are referring to TD banks? My initials are TD and I know they are not my banks. Seriously I can't think what TD stands for.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sue about banks, but, I have picked up rolls of Dimes and Nicks at Publix and a convenience store before, may try that, just ask at the service desk at Publix, good luck. Maverick.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what Metal detecting is for

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Michigan here I am not sure what you folks are referring to TD banks? My initials are TD and I know they are not my banks. Seriously I can't think what TD stands for.

All-mighty internet, show us the answer!
1318871424_nut_breaking_with_the_ass_record.gif
Toronto-Dominion Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
CoinFetcher said:
That's what Metal detecting is for

Good idea, don't know why I didn't think of that, that's what are going to do Ina little bit if the rain holds off. HH, Maverick.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan has tcf bank open 7days a week and has free coin counters. Also service desks at grocery stores and places like Walmart and meijer can give you rolled coins.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing you can do is make up a little business card that says in quick, plain plain English stating the types of coins you are looking for and your name and phone number. Then, take that card to a number of different convenient stores and gas stations, leaving it with the attendant. Tell them, when they get something, to please call you, and you will run right over and buy it from them. You will probably have to negotiate on the price here and there, but I've had some decent luck with the method. I once picked up five standing liberty quarters for two bucks each doing this. And the best part was that all I had to do was just wait for the phone to ring. You can also check Craigslist, see what people are trying to sell and make them an offer. Everything for sale on Craigslist is negotiable—whether they admit it or not. Also, go check all of the return slots and the floor underneath your local Coinstar machines. Occasionally a silver dime will find its way there. Good luck!

OP
OP
drcaulfield

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha Ha I wonder which of the good folks from SE Michigan I am following around as nearly every place I go I am told "oh someone just came in about a hour ago and took all my half dollars "

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any good online busniess card place you recommend?

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I go old school and just make them myself. If you go to Staples or Office Depot, or one of those kind of places and buy some heavier cardstock paper, you can just feed it through your printer at home. Easy as pie and super cheap.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha Ha I wonder which of the good folks from SE Michigan I am following around as nearly every place I go I am told "oh someone just came in about a hour ago and took all my half dollars "
That would be almost every other customer for the last 3 years, including myself.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I hate that, it happens to me too. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
drcaulfield

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
need a good underwater metal detector for the lake i am on in michigan. I know my neighbor lost a tag heuer watch in that bad boy. I am sure many of the other water skiiers and wakeboarders have lost many pieces of jewelry and diamonds

OP
OP
drcaulfield

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
thorne do you mark your halves? or know anyone who just puts a blue line on the rolls they have opened and repackaged?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only mark 1964 nickels with a big 64 on the obverse. just started this though. one box maybe 300 nickels :BangHead:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
need a good underwater metal detector for the lake i am on in michigan. I know my neighbor lost a tag heuer watch in that bad boy. I am sure many of the other water skiiers and wakeboarders have lost many pieces of jewelry and diamonds

The sunscreen they put on is typically very oily, then couple that with being in the water which apparently makes your fingers shrink, I hear. There is a lot of jewelry to be found on beaches. Head to one in your area that is popular for people to hang out on and drink, high school hangouts, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc... they will be trashy but also productive. Pay attention to the rocks also, some maybe arrowheads.

silas1128

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"TD Bank" is the name of the bank. My girlfriend is a teller at a local branch, they are only closed 4 days a year. Open every sunday 11-4. I scored my first silver on a sunday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread