What's new

Submerging a wreck??

seabumm

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How does 1 bring up a sunken boat ? What kind of permit do I need? for freash water recovery?
does anybody know? Can anybody recover abandon boats?
I know of 2 abandoned sunken boats....big suckers too'' How do I recover??
 
Use air bags or even old waterbeds.Stuff them inside or strap to the outside of the hull.Have a high volume gas or diesel water pump to pump out the rest of the water when the boat hits the surface.But before you start raising it off the bottom plug all holes with trash bags if small ones.for big holes use sheet metal screwed and glued with water proof caulk or silicone.You can get a cheap air drill that will run for a while underwater from harbor freight.Just soak the drill in kerosene or diesel after you get it out of the water.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom