What's new

Summer trip yields LOVE TOKEN!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
584
Golden Thread
0
Location
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Around the end of July, I went on a summer trip. We stopped off at a motel in Missouri. After we got settled in, I thought I would give the old park across the street from the motel a try. As luck would have it, I got a nice reading,( my first for the day), about 30' from the covered pavilion. As I dug down, I started getting pieces of steel and nails, but then I saw a white silvery disk pop out. On the side I saw first, there was a fancy E engraved on it. When I turned it over, I saw the seated lady on a quarter, (1877) and I smiled, my first love token in over 39 years of MDing. HH

32795.webp
 

Attachments

  • 17158.webp
    17158.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 896
  • 57760.webp
    57760.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 893
Upvote 0
Very nice, Great find....
 
A cufflink. I wonder if it had a matching pair.Could have been a gift of love. Very good find.
 
That is a sweet find congrats
 
A cufflink. I wonder if it had a matching pair.Could have been a gift of love. Very good find.

Yeah, a cufflink! Very, very nice find!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Wow!, That is one nice looking piece, Congrats!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~
 
That's a sweet looking love token, congrat's on your first. :thumbsup:
 
Beautiful Love token, whether a cuff link or for a button hole on a lapel, it is a super find.

Don
 
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Exceptional workmanship, and the host coin detail is nice, too.
 
The smooth smaller piece is probably a dime. With a mirror you might be able to get some detail.

KG6YLL
 
Yes,

That is a awesome find. A seated quarter alone would be hard to find. That wasn't a cheap cuff link for those times. I'm sure it was missed. 39 Yrs is alot of experience.

HH Jer
 
plehbah said:
Don in SJ said:
Beautiful Love token, whether a cuff link or for a button hole on a lapel, it is a super find.

Don

I underlined your post a little Don.

That is a nice one.
That is a nice one! Great find!! Dig deep&Look close!!!
 

Attachments

  • 2 857.webp
    2 857.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 654
  • 2 858.webp
    2 858.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 667
Awesome find.WTG. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
That is really beautiful. congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom