What's new

Summerduck Va Finds from old house site

JC dig's

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
305
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Had a few hours the other day and decided to head to the spot where I found my Barber dime last week. Started out right around the where the new house is located (because I'm not exactly sure where the old house sat). I went about twenty yards and dug this eagle anchor button at about four inches deep ! I got excited and kept going and started digging various other items some trash some not so I know I must close to where I need to be. The other items are a bent up flat button an eagle button and a pocket watch frame. After I left there I went back to my house and thought experiment with the settings on my Xlt and found this sharps. All in all a pretty good day...I hope my drought is over, thanks for looking..

JC
 

Attachments

  • bullet.webp
    bullet.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 596
  • eagle1.webp
    eagle1.webp
    23 KB · Views: 588
  • everything.webp
    everything.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 585
  • flat button.webp
    flat button.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 593
  • jeff3.webp
    jeff3.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 584
  • watch.webp
    watch.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 582
  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 575
Upvote 0
Great finds JC.
Glad to see you helping to save the relics for everyone to enjoy.
Get back there, and remember, LOW & SLOW!!!!!

KDMB
 
looks like your drought is definitely over! Can't wait to see what else you find there!
 
Oh yea, can anyone tell me anything about the eagle anchor button??
 
your button is a marine button,does it have a back mark.
 
I'd say your dry spell is long gone!!! :o Awesome finds!

Congrats! Nana :)
 
Yes, it says waterbury butto co.
 
post a picture of the back.Might can get an ideal of the date it was made.
 
JC, some great finds!
My time on the beach netted me a few mutilated pennies and two pulltabs....dangit...
Oh well, I am glad that someone is having a better bit of luck than me.
I think I am going to find a beach that is less beat to heck by the ocean than the one I was just on....you could hardly recognize the pennies!...looks like the beach sand is untouched from a rough winter, has not been groomed out yet for the summer season...

I'll be sure to drink a few beers for you fellow diggahs there at the ol' 25 house.....that, and some nice fresh seafood!

be good and be safe...Nice finds, the button is BOSS..

DG
PS, any suggestions on good beaches to hunt in the Duck area?
 
DG,
If you're trying to hunt in Duck, you're too late. My brother was just down there last week and hunted it all out!!! ;D ;D

I would try going north, hit some of the volleyball courts and play areas at the parks/community centers. The beaches have been hit pretty hard all winter and haven't had the season to replinish. If you can, hit the same area where we stayed in February and dug like crazy!!! There was TONS of stuff there.

Good Luck.

KDMB

Oh yeah, keep an eye on here later tonight, hopefully my brother will post what he found last night!!!! :thumbsup:
 
dcooper1 said:
DG,
If you're trying to hunt in Duck, you're too late. My brother was just down there last week and hunted it all out!!! ;D ;D

I would try going north, hit some of the volleyball courts and play areas at the parks/community centers. The beaches have been hit pretty hard all winter and haven't had the season to replinish. If you can, hit the same area where we stayed in February and dug like crazy!!! There was TONS of stuff there.

Good Luck.

KDMB

Oh yeah, keep an eye on here later tonight, hopefully my brother will post what he found last night!!!! :thumbsup:

Hm.. there were some Maryland plates dug there 15 years ago or so.. ;-)

MonkeyBoy
 
Great finds. I love the buttons.
 
Those are some nice buttons, looks like you got yourself another good place to hunt. I am glad to see the ole' yard is still giving up some lead!!!
 
JC....

Great finds..... That eagle anchor button is in very good shape. Do you have any more pics of it... Keep diggin that spot.. and apparently your yard is not empty yet... I'd keep working that yard as much as I can if I were you..

FDMB
 
Yea, the pics are great its amazing. I never touched a camera...Thanks Lamont for taking my pics for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom