sunday roll hunt keepers - & some type questions
good hunting sunday. scored a whole brown roll of formatives D plus 15 loose & 1 cabin.
got 1 other cent roll and a nickel roll.
In the penny roll
1 56 wheaty
1 63 D
1 69 D
1 2002 d that is - I don't know what you call that - can somebody tell me what that is?
a couple fairley shiney - 80 & 79
the 85 D has almost satan finish which doesn't show up well in scan- what do you call that?
I like the 2005 buffallo nickels
the 2008 looks like full step - but you can't see it in the scan.
got 1 other cent roll and a nickel roll.
In the penny roll
1 56 wheaty
1 63 D
1 69 D
1 2002 d that is - I don't know what you call that - can somebody tell me what that is?
a couple fairley shiney - 80 & 79
the 85 D has almost satan finish which doesn't show up well in scan- what do you call that?
I like the 2005 buffallo nickels
the 2008 looks like full step - but you can't see it in the scan.
Attachments
Upvote
0
As for your questions, the 2002 D is referred to as a "Stinkin Zincoln". Basically the Zinc oxidizes underneath the copper coating and causes little bubbles that end up bursting (Someone can correct me if I am wrong). There are a few threads here and in the coin section that show many ways these Zincoln's deteriorate. As for the other coins you have a nice collection, nothing to out of the ordinary, however the wheat is a keeper. You should read the Intro to this forum and it will explain on what is important to keep, although alot of people collect things besides what is in the Intro, it is a good place to start. Happy Hunting!!! 






