Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a garret pro pointer for Christmas but would certainly consider it. Could you please give me a little info on the benefits of the sunray? Thanks

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a garret pro pointer for Christmas but would certainly consider it. Could you please give me a little info on the benefits of the sunray? Thanks
Greater depth, keeps same settings as your detector ( disc., sensitivity, etc.), uses your detectors audio, don't have to worry about losing it, really, either. And it goes off of your detectors batteries. I'm sure someone else can throw some more info at you.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info. Sounds like a winner. I will do a little more research but you have me interested for sure. I will mention it to a few others and try to gauge the interest of them as well

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greater depth, keeps same settings as your detector ( disc., sensitivity, etc.), uses your detectors audio, don't have to worry about losing it, really, either. And it goes off of your detectors batteries. I'm sure someone else can throw some more info at you.
All that and you can keep your headphones on. Its nice to have disc when theirs iron in the hole with a good target.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that absolutely makes sense. I'm very intrigued for sure

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are superb... As evidenced by the Minelab Explorer/Etrac guys who get a premium for a used X1. I've heard of some guys selling them for more than the original new prices.

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are superb... As evidenced by the Minelab Explorer/Etrac guys who get a premium for a used X1. I've heard of some guys selling them for more than the original new prices.
Their not being made something about the price of upper shafts. When I wanted one for my explorer xs I would of had to send in my upper shaft so the probe could by installed now that is even an option.My t2 does'nt get along very well with garrett's probe. When I turn on the probe my t2's coil can't be within 4 or 5 feet without causing the detector to false like crazy. If they ever make one for the t2 it should just be bolt on. Like I said earlier they'll only make them if enough interest is shown on the other website with a seperate forum for sunray products.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In talking with Ralph the parts for the X1 were getting too high for his liking, so he discontinued them.

With the T2 not requiring an upper shaft, installation will be super quick! I hope he does make them because they will be a welcome addition to an already excellent detector.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Should have made one along time ago!! There would DEF be one on my T2!!!!! HH.......

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In talking with Ralph the parts for the X1 were getting too high for his liking, so he discontinued them.

With the T2 not requiring an upper shaft, installation will be super quick! I hope he does make them because they will be a welcome addition to an already excellent detector.
If you ha ve any pull with Ralph tell him, if he builds them they will sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread