What's new

Supercharger

mcscs

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
64
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
fla
This is what happens when you put your Excalibur charger next to your hookah charger. And don't wear your glasses

12 V 3 A instead of 12.V 160 milliamps


8 min. loud whistling sound and then a pop.


Supercharger
 

Attachments

  • xcal barod 010.webp
    xcal barod 010.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 796
  • xcal barod 011.webp
    xcal barod 011.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 808
  • xcal barod 012.webp
    xcal barod 012.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 808
  • xcal barod 014.webp
    xcal barod 014.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 832
  • xcal barod 016.webp
    xcal barod 016.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 858
  • xcal barod 013.webp
    xcal barod 013.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 871
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting this. I could also do this if not for the lables I attach to the chargers that look alike. But I need to read the lables. Nice Post... :thumbsup:
 
One of the reasons i was doing some research on those quick charge units for the Xcal. Ive learned a lot about whats needed and what to avoid. Id say when you heard the whistling you knew right away.... Houston we have a problem. Those suckers arent cheap to replace..... that will really get in your wallet.

Dew
 
That sucks! I wish Minelab would come up with a better charger for the Excal. Hate that I can't tell if the charger is actually doing what it's supposed to do because there is no indicator light.
 
Great post thank you! Knowing exactly what is in the battery pack makes making our own and finding better chargers more achievable. Order the same size batteries with solder tabs from someone like batterystore.com and you are back in business. Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.
 
trsrseeker said:
Great post thank you! Knowing exactly what is in the battery pack makes making our own and finding better chargers more achievable. Order the same size batteries with solder tabs from someone like batterystore.com and you are back in business. Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

I don't think I would put new batteries in that exploded battery pod then go underwater with it. A new rechargeable Excalibur pod is $139.95 and used ones are very hard to find. One on ebay sold for $60. with bad batteries that needed to be replaced.
 
That sucks. That thing sure got hot!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom