What's new

supply bank turned dump bank

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
I have a question for you all, all are welcome and encouraged to reply!

So I have a few supply banks, but one in particular always fails to order my coin. They complain because I don't come and pick them up on the day they arrive (usually a day late sometimes due to cash flow) and they take up too much space in their vault. For 4 consecutive weeks the lady has failed to order halves.

I was thinking today, if they fail to order the halves, should I dump all the halves I have in my car on them? My only reasons against would be (1) I picked these up at the same chain different brank and (2) I rerolled in the same wrappers, so when they ship out they may not repackage (although I could sharpie all of them??)

Thoughts, concerns?
 
Upvote 0
phrostie said:
I have a question for you all, all are welcome and encouraged to reply!

So I have a few supply banks, but one in particular always fails to order my coin. They complain because I don't come and pick them up on the day they arrive (usually a day late sometimes due to cash flow) and they take up too much space in their vault. For 4 consecutive weeks the lady has failed to order halves.

I was thinking today, if they fail to order the halves, should I dump all the halves I have in my car on them? My only reasons against would be (1) I picked these up at the same chain different brank and (2) I rerolled in the same wrappers, so when they ship out they may not repackage (although I could sharpie all of them??)

Thoughts, concerns?

Just use Gasoline it is more fun way to burn >:D bridges.
 
Provided they are on a coin vendor/service - Dump!
 
No don't do it. It will get them mad and the other branches may find out and cut you off.
rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
No don't do it. It will get them mad and the other branches may find out and cut you off.
rich

That is why I said he should just use Gasoline- I'd N-E-V-E-R burn a bridge it ain't worth it; I like to be nice no matter how mean they get, it has to eat at them when they can't get your goat.
 
I would grease the joint. A bag of chaocolate or something.
 
how many boxes do you order from this branch? maybe just decrease the order size a little bit
 
By your own admission, you haven't picked up your coin after they ordered them. Yet, you want to penalize them by turning them into a dump bank? If you have seen some of the vaults and the space they have to work with, you might be more sympathetic. If you had said that they weren't ordering your coin because they were too lazy, couldn't be bothered, etc., then I could see you turning on them. My advice would be to play the game with a bigger roll so that you aren't hindered by such budgetary constraints. Also, pick your coin up the day that it arrives.
 
quick-silver said:
how many boxes do you order from this branch? maybe just decrease the order size a little bit

I order 1 box from this branch so decreasing it is unlikely because they've been delivering zero. However, I order ~ 5 per week from other branches.

Diver_Down said:
By your own admission, you haven't picked up your coin after they ordered them. Yet, you want to penalize them by turning them into a dump bank? If you have seen some of the vaults and the space they have to work with, you might be more sympathetic. If you had said that they weren't ordering your coin because they were too lazy, couldn't be bothered, etc., then I could see you turning on them. My advice would be to play the game with a bigger roll so that you aren't hindered by such budgetary constraints. Also, pick your coin up the day that it arrives.

Yes, the lady there is not friendly, and when I realized that it was a problem that I came a day after the box arrived I changed my tune and call the day it arrives every week to see if it's in. If it's there I get it. Their vault is big enough to fit the halves, I can see it when they open it. It could fit probably 8 boxes of halves and leave a box left for every other denomination.


Chocolate is a good idea, maybe I'll do that. I called today and found out the box will be in tomorrow. I didn't dump there and didn't think I had it in me anyway, the supply has been so good for so long and has only dried up recently. Perhaps tomorrow I'll return to the Silver Springs paradise.

HH all.
 
Glad it is working out for you. I didn't know that it was only a box. It shouldn't have been a big deal to leave it in the vault a day, but in the future, get the coin when it arrives. Scratch the chocolates. Get a box of crullers and a box of Joe.
 
The bank that I have a checking account with has a branch in a grocery store, someone dumped $1000 in halves on them, they have them in their vault safe, and the friggin thing is the size of a dishwasher, it's tiny. I can feel for them when they complain about space.
 
sharpie the rolls. I have never marked coin nor will I. Although it makes sense that people try to figure out the system of how the coin travels, there is merely too much supply for it to get conclusive results.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom