What's new

SURF HUNTING.....Where Do You Trust Putting Your Finds?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious,.....when you guys are hunting the deeper surf, say waist deep, where do you trust putting your finds for safe keeping?
 
Upvote 0
I wear a mesh pouch on my belt that I got from Kellyco, which has a big main pocket with a small inner pocket, and another small outer pocket with a zipper. Recently I added a large spring loaded caribineer clip to the pouch, and this is where I secure the rings I find.

Jim
 

Attachments

  • bag-1.webp
    bag-1.webp
    36 KB · Views: 729
around my neck and under my shirt or suit

works for me and keeps onlookers from seeing fine tickets
 

Attachments

  • RINGSAFE.webp
    RINGSAFE.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 688
snap lock waterproof case worn around neck & BTW waist deep is not deep surf ;D ;D
 
erikk said:
snap lock waterproof case worn around neck & BTW waist deep is not deep surf ;D ;D

Right. Just using "waist deep" as the general area where pockets are no longer too safe a bet. :laughing7:
 
Here's what I use, the top cap is threaded and epoxied on, a slot cut into the top for coins, the bottom has a keeper string and unscrews for rings and such. It works pretty good but requires 2 free hands to unscrew the bottom, not always an easy chore in the surf.
 

Attachments

  • tube3.webp
    tube3.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 661
  • tube1.webp
    tube1.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 660
I had a zippered inside pocket on the wet suit jacket that I used till that suit shrunk. Now I use a zippered pouch with three pockets. Lg one for trash, med for coins, and smallest one for a few rings. Nothing can be seen by the folks on the beach. I don't even like to see them see me slip something in one of the pockets, and I never ever stare at it while taking it out of the scoop.
 
If I can't put them on one of my fingers, they go in a small pouch inside of my shorts. I'm with Sandman,I don't look at anything until I'm at the truck.
 
Silver Surfer said:
Surfdigger said:
I use a zippered pouch that has 2 zipper departments....one for your coins and stuff....and a front pouch just for your jewelry.....

http://www.demarcodetectorsales.com/html/misc accessories/Pouches.html
I have this same pouch... Bought it from John here on the board (also sells great knobs and headband).... Best darn water pouch imho...
Yeah....John came up with a real winner with that pouch....I try to hunt with him whenever I'm down his way.....I missed him this past May....hopefully next year....
 
What ever method you choose to keep the finds in you should be able to just slip it away without anyone noticing that it might be a good find. What they don't know won't hurt you.
 
Rings go around the neck, para-cord (just enough to go around head, so it won't come off when underwater/diving/etc) and small stainless nite-ize s-clip, hides under t-shirt.

moto_1682.jpg


The rest goes in these leech-bags made by frabill:

moto_1376.jpg

moto_1377.jpg

Really heavy duty with very strong velcro.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom