Surprise Visitor

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been remolding my new place due to the flood.. When I was tearing up the kitchen floor I noticed something bouncing out from under the wall everytime I pounded down another nail..After I finished I walked over and seen a small black circle and picked it up.. I washed it off to find this 1946 Rosie that's been there since the house was built.. Made a crappy job a lot sweeter!!

Attachments

• o.jpg
    o.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,912

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Did you feel tempted to start ripping the wall out looking for a possible stash.

Might relate to an Irish superstition / custom of placing in the new house a new silver coin of the same date of the house for good luck and if newly weds to have a most prolific future.

OP
OP
cosmic

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!! I did bang on the wall a few times to see if I would hear a jingle.. No such luck...

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
I know it may sound crazy,I would put the coin back leave it where he lived all these years and maybe it'll pay you back in good fortune in the future.Just a thought...At least you'll know where it is if you need it!!!!! :icon_jokercolor:

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful coin..... where there's one, there's more. search all them baseboards.
good hunting :thumbsup:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in a mobilehome and wanted plaster board in the livingroom to cover the ugly veneer wallboard. So I put up 1 x 2 stringers to nail the plaster board to throughout the whole room and then wrote stuff all over the wall (it was clean stuff), taped up pictures of my daughter along with letters she wrote and school stuff she had done. Then I put up the plaster board. So in the future when someone tares all that down they will have something to talk about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread