What's new

Surprise Visitor

cosmic

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
882
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been remolding my new place due to the flood.. When I was tearing up the kitchen floor I noticed something bouncing out from under the wall everytime I pounded down another nail..After I finished I walked over and seen a small black circle and picked it up.. I washed it off to find this 1946 Rosie that's been there since the house was built.. Made a crappy job a lot sweeter!!
 

Attachments

  • o.webp
    o.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,957
Did you feel tempted to start ripping the wall out looking for a possible stash.

Might relate to an Irish superstition / custom of placing in the new house a new silver coin of the same date of the house for good luck and if newly weds to have a most prolific future.
 
Yes!! I did bang on the wall a few times to see if I would hear a jingle.. No such luck...
 
I know it may sound crazy,I would put the coin back leave it where he lived all these years and maybe it'll pay you back in good fortune in the future.Just a thought...At least you'll know where it is if you need it!!!!! :icon_jokercolor:
 
beautiful coin..... where there's one, there's more. search all them baseboards.
good hunting :thumbsup:
 
I used to live in a mobilehome and wanted plaster board in the livingroom to cover the ugly veneer wallboard. So I put up 1 x 2 stringers to nail the plaster board to throughout the whole room and then wrote stuff all over the wall (it was clean stuff), taped up pictures of my daughter along with letters she wrote and school stuff she had done. Then I put up the plaster board. So in the future when someone tares all that down they will have something to talk about.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom