What's new

Survey: Where did you find your oldest coin?

1723 Hibernia Halfpenny. Found at a cellar hole in Orange County Vermont.


VPR
 
1843 LC found out in a field at my Grandads farm, Clarion county, Pa
 
1789 Mexico Colonial Carolus IV. I found it in Southern Indiana walking the Ohio River looking for arrowheads back in the 70's. This isn't the one I found but a photo I pulled off ebay. Mine is in similar condition except for a small hole drilled in it. I also found qn 1846 large cent right next to it.

coin.webp
 
I think it would be an 1867 Shield nickel...farm field, Greenwood, TX.
Baggins
 
I think it would be an 1867 Shield nickel...farm field, Greenwood, TX.
Baggins

Wait, I take that back, I found an 1866 Barber dime on farm field in Caldwell KS close to the Chisholm Trail....
 
Roman stamped 1179! still havent figured it out...Found it on a Indian site in S.C. possibly Spanish trade.
 
my oldest coin to date is a 1944 mercury dime from my backyard in grundy VA
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom