What's new

SW Georgia - Cow Pasture Find

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,151
Reaction score
7,986
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out metal detecting an old 1800's home site this past Saturday that now is a pasture and walked up on this laying out in the sun. Apparently, a cow had wallowed this point up and the recent rain washed it off. Not too bad of a point! I'm not 100% sure of the type but I'm guessing Hernando family?
 

Attachments

  • Lee County Georgia.webp
    Lee County Georgia.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
That's a beauty! I like the color.
 
That’s a really nice point , surprised both ears are still intact .... it serrated too? Neat looking point
 
That’s a really nice point , surprised both ears are still intact .... it serrated too? Neat looking point

I am surprised as well considering that a cow kicked it up and it's about as thin as two credit cards stacked on top of each other. There are light serrations on it.
 
There's more there. Was a good hunting spot back in the day..... that's a killer "killin'" point!
 
I read wallowed and thought you meant Swallowed. You can imagine my thoughts of the last mile this point traveled :) What a great Point.
 
There's more there. Was a good hunting spot back in the day..... that's a killer "killin'" point!

I was surprised to find that there. It’s kinda far from natural old water and it’s the first piece of flint I’ve seen there in ten years of hunting the site for metal objects. There’s very limited land disturbance there though. I guess it shows you can potentially find anything anywhere. I’ll be keeping my eye out for more.
 
I read wallowed and thought you meant Swallowed. You can imagine my thoughts of the last mile this point traveled :) What a great Point.

:laughing7:
 
I would rather have your luck than all the skill in the world!:laughing7:
 
I would rather have your luck than all the skill in the world!:laughing7:

Even a blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while! Considering where I found that, I was quite lucky.
 
That’s a killer! Congrats!
 
Nice point for sure. Personally I would type it a Citrus or even a Culbreath. Hard to find those kind of points perfect so your cow did you good!
 
Nice point for sure. Personally I would type it a Citrus or even a Culbreath. Hard to find those kind of points perfect so your cow did you good!

I thought about a citrus as well.
 
Dang!
Look at the serrations on that wide -bottom-notched triangle. Just beautiful!
Love to see more pictures of that one.
 
That’s a beautiful point! I’m going with citrus on that one.
 
I also find points on cattle trails from Pasture to the barns. I go out to be with my son often while he takes care of our live stock. I'm 77 and he still enjoys my company, I don't go out hunting anywhere but our farm, as I have a habit of falling a lot. Thank goodness we are a small family, Mom, me, my son and his three.. My collection takes up a whole room and my son kids me that after my funeral is over it will be on ebay next day. I hope he's kidding as my grandson has first dibs on it. He's soon to 9yrs old so it will be safe as long as he wants it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom