What's new

Sweet Brass Lock

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to I.D. this lock found by a friend
The name, C. Schweitzer and pat. Applied for. Appear on the front. No writing on the back. Looks like an old railroad lock. It is all brass
Anyone have an idea how old this is and information on the manufacturer.
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1549502411275.webp
    FB_IMG_1549502411275.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 120
  • FB_IMG_1549505901725.webp
    FB_IMG_1549505901725.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 78
That is a nice looking old lock. Congrat's to your buddy Windman.
 
Upvote 0
Does look like a railroad lock...:icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Whoa, that’s a beautie, love me some old locks
 
Upvote 0
gorwhitzer New York ?

Please clean / repost.
 
Upvote 0
Good piece! I think there was a key that shape posted a while back?
 
Upvote 0
gorwhitzer New York ?

Please clean / repost.

lol
There are 3 locks by C. Schweitzer on the link I posted...just not the same..
 
Upvote 0
Cool find that would be awesome if its railroad related
 
Upvote 0
very cool lock, it screams old
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on a beautiful old padlock!!!!!!! I don’t see anything to identify it to any specific RR , what is on the hasp , numbers ? It is in great shape and will display nice.
 
Upvote 0
Wow! What a beautiful padlock find! :occasion14:
As AARC suggested, a cleaned up pic of the lock with the makers name would definitely help to identify your friends find.

Great info from lairmo. :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom