sweet silver and nice wheatie !!!( no pics )

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a beautiful day here in Shelby County and I was off from work and wanted to go detecting badly, but did not want to go to far beacause my sons therapist was coming out to see him.
I said to my wife, im just going to detect the side yard for an hour and im so glad I did.
It started off with clad of all assortment, some square nails and as always, some 45 caliber casings.
I got a hit that basically just jumped all over the spectrum from foil to dollar and back and was reading six inches so I shoved the shovel through the soil, pulled my plug out and ran my ace over it. The target wasnt in the plug so I ran the ace back over the hole and it was reading 4 inches this time. I shoved the shovel back into the hole and took some more soil out of the hole and ran the ace back over the hole and it was still there, but gave a penny/dime signal this time.
I reached down, pulled some soil out with my hand and felt something hard still in the hole and I took hold of it and pulled it out, my very first horseshoe.
I was like I just dug for 10 mins to get a horseshoe, but like always I ran the ace back over the hole and it was still showing a penny/dime signal at 2 inches, so I scooped the dirt away with my hands and recovered a beautiful 1919 d mint wheatie.
I went in the house showed my wife the horseshoe and wheatie and she was like" so cool".
I still had a few minutes to kill before the therapist showed up and ran the ace back over the same hole and got a very clear dime signal at 2 inches, scooped the dirt away and pulled at a 1904 barber dime in beautiful shape.
Needless to say I ran in the house and scared my wife as fast as I was moving and handed her the dime and she was in awe of such a beautiful coin.
If it wasnt for the horseshoe I wouldnt have found either of those beautiful finds.
I dont have pics right now, but my wife promises me a digital camera for Christmas.
Thanks for reading this post,
Allen

Upvote 0

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
SWEET! Nice finds, congratulations. I've dug a horseshoe on my property, but it didn't come with silver or copper. :tard:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice finds Allen! :thumbsup:
Those Barbers are such a pretty coin.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread