Sweet Walking Liberty Half!! And other silvers to boot!! Dime Trifecta!!

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gained permission at a older farm that I drive by daily. There used to be a old farm house on the property that burned down about 8 years ago. They shoved the house straight back and buried it in the back yard. Then put a single wide trailer almost exactly where the original house stood. Its a lot of ground to cover and will take multiple trips to get it all covered. On one of the first days I dug the broach that looks like a cluster of 4 leaves, it was attached at one time. Im not really sure what it was I speculate that it was some sort of military shoulder badge but really dont have a clue. Dug a lot of clad change the first several times I went to the place, old cars etc, dug a metal ball that I thought at first may have been a bell, but its no way that could be what it was. Went back on Monday, had a little time to spare. I have a spot where at the base of a big old maple tree there is a dime signal 6" down. right under the base of the tree, I fully plan to dig it out soon, just not yet, made a few rows thru the yard and hit a dime signal 6' down out popped the 59 rosie, a foot away under a root I hit the quarter signal at 5". 1948 Fantastic I thought! After that I dug some clad including 3 nickels, 3 quarters, 17 pennies, some are wheats but i have yet to clean anything up and 5 clad dimes. About a hour later I ran across a dime signal at 5", out popped the Mercury, 1941 and in great shape. First one I ever dug Wooo Hoooo. I also dug this big tooth, I think its either a horse tooth or a cows tooth, it was in a hole I was digging out. Had other things to do so I called it quits for the evening.
Went back Tuesday and talked to the man that farms the place for a few minutes. Walked across from the barn straight to the front yard and decided I was gonna make a line from another maple tree back towards where I had just walked from. Walked directly to the tree made a swing and got a big BEEP BEEP, machine said 50c piece, I said no way in hell thats a 50c piece. So I worked the coil over the spot a few times and depth was 5" I told myself that it was gonna be a can. I pulled a plug and it was not in the top 4" of dirt, it was still in the hole, stuck the probe in and gave it a good twirl it was in the hole, I moved a little dirt and HOLY CRAP it was a 50c piece in that hole. I got so excited i walked back to the barn and cleaned the lose dirt off it in a dog water bowl to see what it was 1941 Walking Liberty. First half I have ever dug. Got my self straight and started back to metal detecting went a few more feet and hit a quarter signal at 5", knew that had to be another silver, out popped a nice 1947 Washington. 5 pieces of silver in 2 afternoons with lots of ground still left to cover!!

Attachments

• 20130606_194355.jpg
    20130606_194355.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 20130606_194503.jpg
    20130606_194503.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 12

oddrod

Oct 31, 2012
Derby KS
Detector(s) used
Brother Bobs Tesoro Deleon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, nice going>>>>

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't get much better than that. Congrats on a beautiful score!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! Looks like you found a good spot!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your machine is like mine when I hit silver the tone is so pure and sweet, has to be silver when it talks to me like that! Congratulations on all the silver as well as the trifecta!......................63bkpkr

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its so cool to see them big silvers come out of the ground...Congrats to ya.....8-)

OP
OP
stewielouie

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping someone would shed some light on the broach that is made up of 4 leafs.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on BIG walking silver, and smaller silver too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread