Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a thread to talk about your best strategies to keep those tellers happy - perhaps through sweet treats, gift cards, or just your wit & charm. How often & what do you use to bribe those lads and ladies to keep handing over those shiny old coins? Happy hunting, Silver Stash

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I help keep my tellers employed, good enough for them~
-Quit the often treats after they caught on, silver started drying up!
The way I see it, many people work harder than a teller (I married one, hope she doesn't read this).
Gift card or treats around Christmas, once a year.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politeness, some well timed winks and cookies.

I never bust their proverbial balls for denying me. Believe it or not they do talk between branches. One sells to you while the other may not. Keep your mouth shut about it because if you press the issue at the denying branch it WILL get back to the obliging one and then you will be out two banks. After a few tries at a stingy branch, one of the tellers will sell to me. You just have to find the right one!

It helps to work in the industry and understand the rules. The tellers that deny you are actually following the rules if you don't have an account. It is frustrating but that's life.

Last edited:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I help keep my tellers employed, good enough for them~
-Quit the often treats after they caught on, silver started drying up!
The way I see it, many people work harder than a teller (I married one, hope she doesn't read this).
Gift card or treats around Christmas, once a year.

LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread