fourleaf
Full Member
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2007
- Messages
- 138
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Creedmoor, NC
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excalibur II / Vibra p. 570
- #1
Thread Owner
I have gained permission to hunt a 1800's swimming hole this weekend. Does anyone have any experiance with hunting around thses areas. This is a virgin site, so i want to make sure that i do everything i can to make the most of it. I will also be in about 4' of water at some times during the hunt. I am using an excal 2. I have had it on auto for a while until i got used to it so now i am going to set the sensitivity between 6 and 8 so i can get deeper targets. Any experiance would be appreciated, thanks
I would be prepared for some hard diggin if it's in a river. Compacted sand gravel and rocks can be a major pain in the .....foot to dig in.Look at the area from the air (Google maps etc) and look for areas on a bend or calmer water areas.....and low banks or beach type areas ...if your lucky maybe there'll be a bikini clad babe there next time to show ya the way !








