What's new

Swing assist

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got tendinitis in my elbow (tennis elbow). I've got an excal II and an E-trac. Lately I find I can only swing for about an hour or two without being in excruciating pain.

Can anybody suggest a swing assist item that will allow me to swing for a longer period of time.
Also please give reasons why you like one you recommend
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I mentioned this to the Fisher folks when I called about the Fisher 15" DD coil I bought.....it's a heavy sucker. The gentleman I talked to suggested doing what he did, using a lanyard around his neck and shoulder to take the weight off of his elbow. He said it takes a few tries to get the lanyard adjusted to the right length and getting the correct balance point on the machine, but, he said it worked for him. I haven't tried it yet, however, it sound like it would be worth a try. If you try it, let me know what you think!
 
I have a Older vintage Tesoro early 1980's MD which has a clip you can hook your control box to your belt loop.
All you got next is to do is swing the alum rod with coil... super lite!
Is there a way you could try hooking you detector box to your belt side of it has a flat hook or you make one.
It's a idea that may work. My MD is light anyways so I do not have to belt hook the control box.
Good luck.
 
Sandman, go to your nearest WalMart and get a bottle of OsteoBiFlex Triple Strength and take as per directions. Do NOT skip a day, and take it for the rest of your life. It builds cartlidge and lubricates joints. I take it or I'll have tennis elbow issues also! It'll start working in about a week, but real results won't be felt till around 2-3 months of taking it. Do this.....you won't regret it!
 
Another thing you might try is to go get your elbow reexamined by a different Doctor and/or a Chiropractor. The question is why does the tendon get inflammed? Or is it the doctors best guess and you are misdiagnosed? Sometimes an adjustment of the elbow might help the elbow move more smoothly. There is such a thing as chronic tendinitis, which you might have. I would get it checked out. It could save you a lot of grief down the road.

Just my $0.02
 
A super natural remedy is msm powder.(Looks like salt crystal granual.)
It is as safe as water as said on the internet. Don't go to cosco/drugstores/etc. for the tablets which only contain trace minerals and over 6 months do little.
ya go to a "Feed & Tack"store and in the horse section you will find a small plastic bag of MSM about 1 pound for 10 bucks. MSM reverses aurthritis, and is a mussle skelital support, loosens joints and hepls cartlidge & tendons. My doctor told me not to get an operation on my torn rotator cuff because I might have nerve loss and not be able to use the sholder again, he said just take the settlement. I did then I took MSM and I have no shoulder problems anymore. In fact I can touch my toes with my back loosened up like a 20 year old!
The Actor "James Coburn" was on TV raving about how he takes 2 heapping table spoons in a full glass of Orange Juce every morning and his hands had aurthritis so bad they looked like claws. After he started the MSM he was able to go out retirement and then made the movie "Payback" with Mell Gibson.
You can do research and doctors on a page long list support the findings of efectiveness and safe use.
Of course food/drug agncy expect a magic preformance it they want to ok anything so they condem anything with out millions of $$$$$ testing to protect the ama.
I have been taking it for years and the fda has been trying to stop its sales but cant because it was found and used for over 40 years which was the only remedy to give million dollar race horses who went lame back to racing in a quick time. Horses returned from being lame and back to winning. I found out MSM is a natural mineral, high surgical grade sulphyr! That is all! A mineral element.
I have used this over 30 years and it is a blessing for me. Something for you to look into. Good luck.
 
47thelement: I was looking around for you, I hunted up a ebay sale called: "Take a load off" You get a MediumDetector Aid Hip Stick and a "Doc's Swingy thing" with Bungee and clips.
Item#250849437298 Buy Now $77.00 includes Free Shipping. :sign13:
I hope this helps! ... By the way, all items are guaranteed by Ebay including Shipping costs returned/refunded if it does not work for you! Let me know if this works, your friend/member Goldentruth. 8)
 
I had the weight problem with my Excal, so I took a strap that I had laying around and took then bolted the controls to it, and hung it around my neck. That took a lot of the weight off, but I found that I kept banging the controls with my scoop, and when recovering an object, it was getting even more banged up. Now I have mounted the controls back on the shaft, but have the same strap around my neck, but with a bungie cord, from the strap to the shaft, below the control box. It takes a bit of adjusting to get the right balance, so it will carry the weight, but keep your coil near the ground. At least it seems to work in my yard, but havent been to the beach yet. I usually hunt there from 4 to 6 hrs, so I really need to lighten the load. Seems to be several things on the market that promise to help, but would rather try the simpler ways first.
 
Well, been to the beach a couple times, and tested the strap with bungie cord, and it worked out great. So for now, this is what I will use, and didnt cost anything.
 
Put your elbow into a rigid cast-device. Then swing from the shoulder. Your swing should always be arm fully extended... from the shoulder. Try some of those things above. I take heavyduty stuff... sometimes don't remember being out (snicker). But my problems are much more severe than tennis elbow. Stick in there! TTC
 
I just got the Swingy Thingy from Doc it seems to work at takin the weight of my arm
Gary G.A.P.metal
 
I used a bike inertube on my weed eater & then on my detector,then I heard about Doc's Swingy Thingy & got one. I really like it.
 
Swingy Thingy. Just picked one up. Easy to use. Ask yourself if you would pay 30.00 to have the pain go away. And I never take pills unless it absolutely necessary.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom