What's new

Sword belt plate and 2 cent Shield

chrisdigs

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
250
Reaction score
309
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this sword belt plate , 2 cent piece , 58 Minnie and pocket knife while hunting this morning along old rock wall. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454259367.119076.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454259407.842868.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454259428.912668.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454259452.647760.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454259498.970517.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454259519.007497.webp
 
Upvote 64
Killer find ! Maybe the rest is nearby :occasion14:
 
Hello chrisdigs. All great finds. Thanks for the post and Good Luck. C9
 
That is awesome I would be very happy to find even one of those, Awesome
 
Great looking sword plate buckle....it would be great to find the other half.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Very nice find!! Congrats!!!

HH, Relic Nut
 
Very nice.The plate is killer.Couldn't expect better condition for a 2 center,period date too:icon_thumright:
 
That is a neat looking place,Was there a old home sight there?some green clover you got there.
 
Very Nice. Looks like an Officer's plate with the applied wreaths gone missing. Happy day for you:thumbsup:
 
Love the plate!!! I've got a matching one. Congrats!!!
 
Very Nice. Looks like an Officer's plate with the applied wreaths gone missing. Happy day for you:thumbsup:
Not sure its a Officer's plate.It doesn't look to have the background stippling and it had applied wreaths.i would guess enlisted?
 
That is a neat looking place,Was there a old home sight there?some green clover you got there.

Actually it was the site of a old mill where there was a small battle when Union Calvary caught Confederate units getting a re supply of grain. After the battle the union burned the mill and all the fields surrounding it.
 
Great looking sword plate buckle....it would be great to find the other half.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill , I will definitely be back to try and find that other piece.
 
That's one amazing plate! A major congrats!!
 
Not sure its a Officer's plate.It doesn't look to have the background stippling and it had applied wreaths.i would guess enlisted?

Yea I'm not sure either ,I will try to find a makers mark ? My guess is enlisted also.
 
Very nice. Love those old fields stone walls. Nice looking relics in great shape :thumbsup:.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom