What's new

Swords up!! Twice!!

teak

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
193
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend Sanddigger and I hit a field today, lots of good things have been found in this field in the past few weeks, today was a another great day! I found the first VA state seal cuff button for the day, within minutes Ina found hers!! :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • SAM_0881.webp
    SAM_0881.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 6
Yep two of everything!! Had fun!

 
Excellent!

Are they the same variety? Off the same jacket perhaps? There may be more close by.

DCMatt
 
Excellent!

Are they the same variety? Off the same jacket perhaps? There may be more close by.

DCMatt

I think they are, some wording, same size, just a few corn rows between the 2 buttons.
 
I LOVE THOSE BAD BOYS!!!
 
me too!!
 
Those are a couple of nice early ones. I tried to find them in my Albert's book, but can't find an exact match. That bent right knee isn't matching up with any I can find in the book. Do they have a backmark? And what is their diameter in mm? You guys did well. Glad to see the farmer has held off on planting long enough for you to make those nice recoveries.
 
Beautiful finds!
I'm quite a sucker for coins. ;)
Great find and good hunting!
 
Those are a couple of nice early ones. I tried to find them in my Albert's book, but can't find an exact match. That bent right knee isn't matching up with any I can find in the book. Do they have a backmark? And what is their diameter in mm? You guys did well. Glad to see the farmer has held off on planting long enough for you to make those nice recoveries.

Thanks! There are a few close ones in the Tice book, I don't know the diameter, but when I give Ina her's back maybe she can measure it. They are cuff buttons. And neither buttons that I can see have a back mark. Yup, I'm surprised the farmer still hasn't planted, but happy!! : )
 
Those are off the same coat for sure. If the coat was tossed out, there will be more to find.

GREAT buttons there. :)
 
Thanks!! If the rest of the buttons are there we have to wait till fall to find them, farmer is planting the field now... : (
 
They look beautiful, need a better pic though
 
They look beautiful, need a better pic though

Thanks! if you click on the image it increases with size, or at least on my pc it does.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom