Symbols Carved in Stone

voldigr

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg image.jpeg Can anyone provide any guidance as to what these symbols may mean? I am new to treasure hunting and foolishly re-scraped through the symbols with a knife thinking they would be more visible. They originally appeared to be pretty old with moss and or green residue filling in portions of the symbols. Any help would be greatly appreciated. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

voldigr

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys help a brother out....

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
No disrespect meant, but it would have been better if you had just taken the photographs and left the stone as it lay. If it is indeed a director, being in its original location would be critical for further exploration. Being off just a few degrees can make all the difference. It is a nice find. Without divulging location, was it from someplace associated with mines, caches, or something of importance ?

OP
OP
V

voldigr

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you are right. Fortunately, it left a big hole and I marked exactly how it fit in relation to a tree right next to it and have since put it back. I guess there could be mines or caches, it is near the old Natchez trace.

OP
OP
V

voldigr

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen a sideways omega before?

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the thing that jumps out at me the most is the hooked X you should research that more and get a bearing on the arrow

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1265055 View attachment 1265057 Can anyone provide any guidance as to what these symbols may mean? I am new to treasure hunting and foolishly re-scraped through the symbols with a knife thinking they would be more visible. They originally appeared to be pretty old with moss and or green residue filling in portions of the symbols. Any help would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 1265045 View attachment 1265046 View attachment 1265047 View attachment 1265048
you should not move the stone

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you should not move the stone

FYI: This thread is over 5 years old..and the original poster, Voldigr, hasn't been on the site since 2016. Doubtful you'll get a response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread