What's new

Tag I.D. Help

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was hunting one of my normal CW spots and was finding a few three ringers when I got a low tone like a nickel on my E Trac. I dug up this tag. Got excited at first thinking it might be a military I.D. tag but quickly realized it wasnt. Its something dealing with life insurance. Any help with the I.D and age would be appreciated. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Tag.webp
    Tag.webp
    31 KB · Views: 228
  • Tag1.webp
    Tag1.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 208
The company still exists. You may wish to contact them directly.
1 Monarch Pl., Springfield, MA 01144-1099, United States
(413)784-2000, (413)784-6343 fax
Good luck,
Don.....
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
The company still exists. You may wish to contact them directly.
1 Monarch Pl., Springfield, MA 01144-1099, United States
(413)784-2000, (413)784-6343 fax
Good luck,
Don.....
Thanks I just looked them up but could not find any history on them. I may try to call them next week.
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
This is a keychain tag. Many companies, primarily insurance firms, produced them with the promise that if the keys were lost and the finder would report them to the company, the company would facilitate returning the keys to their owner. The number on this tag was uniquely assigned to one individual. The company provided this service in return for all the advertising they got by having their name seen regularly by being on a keychain.

A number of other types of keychain tags were used as fund raisers by fraternal organizations. This type usually has the owner's name and address stamped on the tag, so the finder could go directly to the owner.

John in ID
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom