What's new

Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue SOLVED

Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
any age, based on the writing, looks fancy :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
any age, based on the writing, looks fancy :icon_scratch:

early 1900s would be close I think
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
any age, based on the writing, looks fancy :icon_scratch:

early 1900s would be close I think
ok, the one thing that throws my off about it being a lock plate is the rectangular tab thingymagiger its got at the top... :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
any age, based on the writing, looks fancy :icon_scratch:

early 1900s would be close I think
ok, the one thing that throws my off about it being a lock plate is the rectangular tab thingymagiger its got at the top... :icon_scratch:
http://www.interiordezine.com/index.cfm/Interior_Design_Fittings_and_Fixtures/Locks
its one of the features which made me think it was...
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
any age, based on the writing, looks fancy :icon_scratch:

early 1900s would be close I think
ok, the one thing that throws my off about it being a lock plate is the rectangular tab thingymagiger its got at the top... :icon_scratch:
http://www.interiordezine.com/index.cfm/Interior_Design_Fittings_and_Fixtures/Locks
its one of the features which made me think it was...
Ok, i see what you mean now except one thing, the tab would've been inside the hole of the fixture instead of out to the side, ill post a side view to show you what i mean.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
CRUSADER said:
Spoon bowl

The tag is really a door locking piece, the hole the door thingy goes into - if you get my drift
why r there letters on a door locking piece? lol

try looking at some instead of laughing
i was just asking, sorry

I'm pretty sure thats what it is, as it clearly fixed to wood, so its its not a door thingy(whatever the proper name) then it might be a window part. I like the door best, I think the no.s relate to size or part no., seen quite a few similar.
any age, based on the writing, looks fancy :icon_scratch:

early 1900s would be close I think
ok, the one thing that throws my off about it being a lock plate is the rectangular tab thingymagiger its got at the top... :icon_scratch:
http://www.interiordezine.com/index.cfm/Interior_Design_Fittings_and_Fixtures/Locks
its one of the features which made me think it was...
Ok, i see what you mean now except one thing, the tab would've been inside the hole of the fixture instead of out to the side, ill post a side view to show you what i mean.

yeah, bad example, I realise it would go into the door structure to give it strength (I think)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

This may help, idk.
But all of the bent parts should be strait, just kinda picture it that way
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1636.webp
    IMG_1636.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
Re: Tag of some sorts... I dont have a clue

OH wait I see it now, its a lock plate, the part that attaches to a door frame
thanks cru
 
Upvote 0
The first 10 posts just get longer ...and longer... and longer... as the entire conversation gets reposted :D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom