What's new

Taking Coin Photos

dimedigger

Full Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
155
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm Doing something wrong. trying to take photos of coins and if i use flash they are washed out and under a lamp with no flash just too blurry to read date. should i wait until daylight and try it outside under sunshine ?
 
if you are using your phone, good luck. With a camera that has an adjustable lens you need to use the closeup setting. Mine has a rose to show that setting, but my camera is also an SLR, my view finder is through the lens, so I can tell if the coin is in focus. Take the picture outside in natural light, but in the shade so there are no shadows, which works best for me. I've also been known to use my scanner, and that works well also. I've seen people without a closeup lens use a magnifying glass, with good results.
 
by george, i believe i got it, thanks bosnmate, and go navy
 
here tis
003.webp
 
yeah, that IH looks good. I found a 97, but it was really toasted from our soil. Yours looks pretty good.
 
You need a good Macro lense to take good clear pictures of coins, day light is best, and the picture size needs to be right, I use 640X480 recorded pixels.

SS
 

Attachments

  • sss%20019.webp
    sss%20019.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 71
  • William York Mint.webp
    William York Mint.webp
    10 KB · Views: 84
Best light is the sun, nothing comes close. Taking it in light shade outside or when it's mildly cloudy is a good idea. Put your camera in macro mode (most cameras have them) or use a macro lens, zoom out/away as much as you can, and move your lens close to the target. This gives the best results.

thrpnc.webp
 
thanks for the tips guys
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom