Tallahassee , are ye any MDs in Tallahassee ?

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Re: Tallahassee , are ye any MD's in Tallahassee ?

I have found a couple of older than dirt houses, well, whats left of them down towards south wakulla county, trying to find out who owns them.

OP
OP
Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used
MXT ,Tesoro Compadre ,Tesoro Tiger Shark, DFX

I need to check my post more often ! LOL....Didn't know there was more responses to it.

I've been spending some time in the library. Just waiting for cooler weather to find a few things out. Maybe we can hunt some old home sites together as a team.

Come on you lurkers ! Post ! LOL

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

i found a stairway going into the ground in the forest just west of Crawfordville.and i also found an old barb wire fence way off the road in the middleof a block of forest.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

You aint been down in the ground yet idrigg????? :o
Have any of you seen that old house down there right befor you get to the sopchoppy cutoff on the left going that way?

OP
OP
Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used

I did a hike with the Florida Trail Assoc. folks couple years ago. I remember a old home site, wire fence, I wonder if this is the same area?

That place had potential for something. Off Hwy. 363 I think.

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Jody, I believe I know just the house you are refering to. Is it the one that is off the road a bit and covered in trees? hard to see unless you are looking for it? I have a cousin who lives in Medart who might know who ownd/owns it. sent you a pm sent you one also Ashlee.

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

the location I was refering to are off 352 and 360/361. dirt forest roads.

Jody,I didnt check the bottom of the stairwell because it was concrete and it just stopped or more likely now that i think about it, filled in.

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Is anyone aware of a MD club in Tally? If not,maybe we can start one up. Get together to do research,plan hunts,etc. What do y'all think?

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Jody, we are thinking along the same lines. I am working on the ghosttowns,trying to pin them down. I have GPS coordinates but these places disappeared long before gps was invented and i dont trust the satellite maps or the old maps. I feel like they will get us close but other than that we will just need to get out there and look. I think we all (me,you,Ashlee,Danny) should meet somewhere and get aquainted and figure a plan of attack before we hit the sites. what do y'all think?

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

According to the marker, the house is located beside the junkyard. I have been in the junkyard several times but never saw that house. wasnt looking for it though. My cousin's family owns the junkyard. They may be aware off the owner or they may be related. You know how Wakuula Co. is. Everyone knows everyone and they are all related! I'll call when I get down there and see what I can find out. Just be sure to remind me.

OP
OP
Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used

ldrigg71 said:
Jody, we are thinking along the same lines. I am working on the ghosttowns,trying to pin them down. I have GPS coordinates but these places disappeared long before gps was invented and i dont trust the satellite maps or the old maps. I feel like they will get us close but other than that we will just need to get out there and look. I think we all (me,you,Ashlee,Danny) should meet somewhere and get aquainted and figure a plan of attack before we hit the sites. what do y'all think?
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used

ldrigg71 said:
Is anyone aware of a MD club in Tally? If not,maybe we can start one up. Get together to do research,plan hunts,etc. What do y'all think?
:thumbsup:
Where is the Tallahassee Library for local history research located ?

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

i would have to say either the R.A. Gray building (archives) or the museum behind the capt. bldg. I cant think of the name this minute. i could take you there but i couldnt tell you how to get there by street names. When you grow up someplace,you just know how to get there. Wish I could help more.

OP
OP
Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used

ldrigg71 said:
Danny,are you interested in A club in Tally? I know it would be a drive for you.
Tallahassee has a WHOLE lot more History than T'ville !! :thumbsup:

Count me in :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread