Tallahassee , are ye any MDs in Tallahassee ?

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Re: Tallahassee , are ye any MD's in Tallahassee ?

Yea, its not in or on the the junkyard, but close....just posted the map to show the general area

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

i dropped a few treasures in that junk yard. '70 pontiac lemans,79 camaro,74 blazer just to name a few

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d

I might be interested in a club thing also, I live over in Perry, if ya'll wouldn't mind an old guy :tongue3:(well, not too old)and my wife :-*.I am not sure of a club in Tallahassee, but the Capitol Coin shop guy's over by Ross/Bealls/Olive Garden strip mall on Apalachee pkwy& Magnolia have been killin that area for years, super finds too. They sell MD's, Whites, I think.I am not sure there is anything left! :dontknow:

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

i know those guys. the hit camp leon alot. down off bob miller rd in woodville. i think its camp leon. might be something else. but i know they get some War Between the States stuff out of there. the MD club is still an idea but it could very well become an actuality and i am sure you will be welcome!

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used

Yeah, and Seminole war forts too...what a great area to check, do you know if it on private land? Iwould love to get my hands on some old stuff for a change.I hit my yard every other day or so, I found a 68 rosie, 44 wheat, and a 66 memorial penny this evening, and felt like I did good! I have to get out more! The problem in my area is that all the "open" spots have been pounded for years , leaving zincolns and pop tops for me....those bastards! my youngest daughter just moved from crawfordville to a few miles outside Tallahassee, I will have to hit her yard before the landscapers get there, doesn't look too promising though.You never know though!

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

i believe it is private. its been a few years since i spoke with them. i was invited to go on a hunt but i think i stayed out late the night before and slept in the next morning. they seem to be good people though.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

I didnt know there was a camp off bob miller rd.?I know several people down that way....And those dudes out there at the coin store, seem pretty cool, but dont like giving up info.. :icon_pirat:

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

i think they might've let me in on it because i bought a tesoro from them. i bought an ace 250 a while later and gave the compadre to my brother. i dont think he has ever used it.might try to talk him out of it when i get back to tally later today.or i may try to get him into it by going to a site and doing some hunting.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Yeah, not trying to be quiet... just hanging around.

I know some of the spots you guys are talking about. I drove by the old house down by Medart a week or two ago. I've never hunted down that way. I tried a little in Appalachicola but it was back when I was new at MDing and probably missed a few good targets. That may be why I only left there with one wheatie and a bunch of clad. I have an 1850 plantation main house to hunt here but I have not found a coin there yet. There were slave quarters there back in the day. I need to get back there and figure out where they were.

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

well, I made it back to Tallahassee. Been kinda hectic since i got back. sorry I havent been on in the last couple of days. So when would be a good day for all of us to get together to meet and plan? I figure if its during the week then we can meet on a saturday morning and hit some spots. I got permission to take a couple of people to an old family homestead. The house is gone and where it stood is now a cow pasture. There is a swimming hole or two just down the road and some old church sites that have long dissapeared.

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used

Any weekend day is fine for me, Weekdays are possible too, Is there a Hardees or something similiar ,close to where the areas are?Is this in T-town, Woodville, etc? I would love to get together for a little hunting!

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

Nothing is in Woodville except 1 stop light... :D
I might be heading to Missouri anyday now for about 4-6 weeks...Work calls, I have to get it when and where I can..But right now, I'm still here.

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

all my spots are in Jefferson and taylor co. I am looking for work myself. i have some work this weekend. Jody,Ashlee is there any chance we could get together tonight at the Salty Dawg say about 8:30 ish. Danny,Cheese,Terryo y'all are more than welcome also but i know its a bit of a drive. especially for Terry.i will pm yall my cell#

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Sorry, I was working until after midnight. I didn't see your pm until too late. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, but thanks for the invite. I am pretty busy during the summer months (seasonal work) so I wind up doing most of my detecting in the fall and winter. Still, I manage a hunt once in a while during the summer when I can manage it. I'd like to meet y'all sometime.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

totally missed it...doing a big wood job and trying to fininsh it up.. I dont drink, but we'll all have to meet up somewhere one day... :)

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

well, plans have changed. i am headed back to tennessee. i will have better access to the net there. i will keep in touch. perhaps the next time i am down we can all meet. not sure when that will be.

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3

Mr.Jody said:
Nothing is in Woodville except 1 stop light... :D
I might be heading to Missouri anyday now for about 4-6 weeks...Work calls, I have to get it when and where I can..But right now, I'm still here.
1 traffic light. lol
Natural Bridge Battlefield is located in Woodville. I found the Natural Bridge. You know, Andrew Jacksons battlefield. It seems to me that there would(ville) be something there! And a Natural Bridge shares the same treasure symbol of the Spanish Vara, (yard), symbol, " V " .
Wakulla Springs is located in that vicinity. The deepest spring in the world, 183 feet deep! located by Ponce De Leon as "The" - "Fountain Of Youth"! There has GOT to be something in that area for metal detecting.
And there's that famous bridge that "Billy Joe" jumped off of that made a famous suicide song years ago in that area. ..."The day that Billy Joe jumped off the Tallahatchee Bridge"... .
I am down in Cocoa Beach. I went to Lively VoTech up there in 1985-1987. I used to bicycle out to those spots. Nice road trips. Saint Augustine Road is also a famous Canopy road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions