Tampa and surrounding areas

davemcc

Sep 11, 2009
Brandon, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ-3D, CZ-5
Hey guys, I know there has got to be a few of us in the area! Anybody in Polk or Pasco? Let's all check in here on the forum. It's been pretty quiet and I know we all would like to have a few hunting buddies to hang out with for safety when we hunt. I myself would like a few new places to try out and wouldn't mind driving to Polk or Pasco if we had permission to hunt somewhere. Rollingstoned0 are you still here or did you move yet?

Hey davemcc,
I am new to the hobby as in 1 week new I got a F4 for fathers day), but I have been bite by the md bug BAD. I live in Thonotosassa and have been searching my property (4acres'ish) some...produced 1 point, 1 1906 IH 1-Rosie and some brass pocketwatch parts from Waterbury Conneticutt Clock Company and oh yeah LOTS of shotgun brass (27 target id with F4). I am working on getting permission of a couple of old homesteads (1870 - 1906) one with the house still standing (wealthy orange grove owners). If that pans out ill let you know if interested....ALSO as you probably know a military trail ran from tampa (ft brooke) to ocala(ft king) and was constantly attached by indians which is also promising and im researching heavily...With all that said I dont have anything solid yet but if u have any permissions I would like to go if you need a buddy.

Two books to read for research:
THE LAST PINE TREE:A LOOK AT FLORIDA'S SEMINOLE WARS-Gene Gallant 1993(Gallant was a 5th generation Marion Countian)
FLORIDA AT WAR-Donald D Spencer 2011 Schiffer Publishing Ltd
HH

Thank very much I'm running the books down now!

Hey I'm in pasco and I try to get out at least once a week. I'm looking for a hunting partner so hit me up with a private message and ill send over my phone #. I'm in west pasco but commute to east pasco every day.

I live in Hudson,Fl...always looking for a good hunt! Been hitting the beaches mostly but would love to hit some old homesteads/land/ghost towns etc...let me know!
Carey

I was thinking the same thing, I was trying to friend as many people as I could in the gulf coast area. I am normally a shallow water to deep diver MD'er but I wouldn't mind doing some inland stuff either. I have an extra detector also if somebody wanted to try some different equipment.

Dennis.

Hey guys, I know there has got to be a few of us in the area! Anybody in Polk or Pasco? Let's all check in here on the forum. It's been pretty quiet and I know we all would like to have a few hunting buddies to hang out with for safety when we hunt. I myself would like a few new places to try out and wouldn't mind driving to Polk or Pasco if we had permission to hunt somewhere. Rollingstoned0 are you still here or did you move yet?

I'm over in the St Pete area :hello:

Bran <><

Two other books of interest: Forts, Camps & Batteries of Florida and Where to metal detect in Central Florida, both available from Kellyco. Plenty of sites to choose from or go to Matt's site Treasure Dive Sites .

I've saved those two books... thanks

Bran <><

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back