What's new

tamrock

Thinking of you, Grant. Get better soon or I'll have to find those TS you keep scoring at!
 
It seems there's quite a few folks like us that are now paying for the sins and
pleasures of decades past.
old.gif


With all the progress in medicine and replacement parts, it gives us a chance to
enjoy life for while longer..or a couple whiles, even. Just 50 years ago most of us
old farts would have been on the short list for a visit from the grim reaper, but now
they can put in new plumbing to keep the pump running healthy. Although I'd prefer
OEM parts, the aftermarket stuff is pretty good, I hear, but the cost of labor to install
them is through the roof.
sSig_aaarggh.gif
 
Good to hear you are doing okay. I know what it is like, one minute your doing some yard work and you stop to take a break. While your sitting there you start to feel a little pressure in your upper chest and have a little trouble breathing, and the next thing you know your leaving the hospital with several stents implanted in you.
Do what they tell you and you will feel a lot better. Take care now.
I thought my primary doctor was originally over acting, but now I'm rather grateful for his insight. Good to know alls going well with you OD.
 
Nasty stuff, ain't it?

Had the same just a couple weeks back as part of some kind of heart CT scan. Ya get
that warm, funky flushed feeling and like ya gotta drain yer wet tank. I've learned to take a
good pee just before walking in for the test, and I know that the tank is empty. :laughing7:
I said some prayers and hoping for your healing and speedy recovery Dizz
 
I said some prayers and hoping for your healing and speedy recovery Dizz

Always appreciated Bill. I head in at 0700 tomorrow, and ain't looking forward
to it. I know there are hundreds of this same procedure done every day, but that
somehow doesn't seem to make me any happier about it. No worries..I'm supposed
to be back home tomorrow night, and I'm very much looking forward to it..
eating-02.gif
 
I hope you get it all sorted out and back into a functioning lifestyle.
CoQ10
I have taken this supplement a few times over the past decades.

What the research says​


Research on coenzyme Q10, also called CoQ10, use for specific conditions and activities shows:

  • Heart conditions. CoQ10 may improve congestive heart failure symptoms. Although findings are mixed, CoQ10 might help lower blood pressure. Some research also suggests that when taken with other nutrients, CoQ10 might help people recover from bypass and heart valve surgeries.
  • Diabetes. Some research suggests that CoQ10 may help lower cholesterol in people with diabetes. The effect could lower their heart disease risk.
Another good one is Glutothine. Little known but needed and diminishes as we get older. You can get it from Whey.
During Covid one of the markers that was consistent with people succumbing to it was Low Glutothione levels, especially in the lungs.
Those with high levels had the best survival rate.
 
Always appreciated Bill. I head in at 0700 tomorrow, and ain't looking forward
to it. I know there are hundreds of this same procedure done every day, but that
somehow doesn't seem to make me any happier about it. No worries..I'm supposed
to be back home tomorrow night, and I'm very much looking forward to it..View attachment 2234362
Best to you Dizzy. 👍👍👍👍
 
Well, that was a different kind of experience.....
3d-funny-eyes.gif


Went through the whole procedure, but when the doc pumped that contrast
stuff into my heart they all acted a bit shocked...apparently, my heart is very clean
and clear of blockages...
americanasmiley.gif


So, I asked the Doc...I go through all those tests, and you scare the livin' shite out
of me.....telling me I've got an 80% blockage in a heart artery and how I'm lucky I haven't
had a heart attack, and then when you get in there you find that everything is
just peachy? WTF?
GAAAHsmiley.gif


Truly, I'm super happy about it, but it sure is going to cost me a bunch only to find out
my heart is just fine. Oh yeah, and I'm not supposed to lift over 5 lb. with my right arm for
the next week..guess they worry that the artery they poked that catheter into is going to
spring a leak.
 
Well, that was a different kind of experience.....View attachment 2234427

Went through the whole procedure, but when the doc pumped that contrast
stuff into my heart they all acted a bit shocked...apparently, my heart is very clean
and clear of blockages...View attachment 2234429

So, I asked the Doc...I go through all those tests, and you scare the livin' shite out
of me.....telling me I've got an 80% blockage in a heart artery and how I'm lucky I haven't
had a heart attack, and then when you get in there you find that everything is
just peachy? WTF?View attachment 2234430

Truly, I'm super happy about it, but it sure is going to cost me a bunch only to find out
my heart is just fine. Oh yeah, and I'm not supposed to lift over 5 lb. with my right arm for
the next week..guess they worry that the artery they poked that catheter into is going to
spring a leak.

Nice to hear you will be around some more.
 
Tam, just saw this. Very glad your doing better !!! Keep up on the healing !!! When I was 38, I stood up from the couch and hit the floor , like I was hit by a freight train !! Back then I didn't have a phone,I crawled down the hill to my neighbors and he called an ambulance. I had an artery that was 98% blocked,one 86% and one 78% blocked. Got hit with the paddles twice on that one. 18 months later I went down again !
Long story short, I'm now 63 and have 6 stents and I am on my 3rd pacemaker/ defibrillator. I contribute it to all my great doctors !! And my hardheaded will power ! THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE !!!😁 Keep on healing brother ! Your not done yet !!!!
 
Long story short, I'm now 63 and have 6 stents and I am on my 3rd pacemaker/ defibrillator. I contribute it to all my great doctors !! And my hardheaded will power ! THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE !!!😁 Keep on healing brother ! Your not done yet !!!!

Wow.....congrats on your stubbornness!
yoda-the-force.gif
 
I got a stent in 2007. It took care of a genetic flaw that killed my dad and 2 uncles; a narrow artery that plugs more easily than a normal one. Very fortunate to be here.
I’m glad that you and others have benefited from medical science as well.
👍🏼
 
Tam, just saw this. Very glad your doing better !!! Keep up on the healing !!! When I was 38, I stood up from the couch and hit the floor , like I was hit by a freight train !! Back then I didn't have a phone,I crawled down the hill to my neighbors and he called an ambulance. I had an artery that was 98% blocked,one 86% and one 78% blocked. Got hit with the paddles twice on that one. 18 months later I went down again !
Long story short, I'm now 63 and have 6 stents and I am on my 3rd pacemaker/ defibrillator. I contribute it to all my great doctors !! And my hardheaded will power ! THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE !!!😁 Keep on healing brother ! Your not done yet !!!!
Dang! PPC, I don't think what's going on with me could hold a candle to your ordeal. You hang in there as I will to.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom