ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had a great day in the water today. Found another good spot at the end of my second dive. I cleaned up pretty good actually. Would you believe walker #12 from this spot? Well better start being a believer!! Four Washington's, 7 merc's, Two Rosey's and two war nickels. And a silver cross and 4 silver rings. I certainly had a blast in this area.

Three buffalo, 1929, 35 and 37, and eight wheats, oldest being a 1939. Haven't researched the bottle yet. Has a small opening, probably a lotion. I found a clad quarter for once!! My first clad from this spot.

Two bracelets, One has the 10 Commandments on it. The lighter has seen a lot better days that's for sure. The hand pin is strange. No idea what was supposed to be on the loop. The pin back is still there.

My friend Kevin found the ring 5.17 grams of 18K and a very nice diamond. Has one emerald on one side, the other is missing.

Last edited:
Upvote 17
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As usual a killer hunt! Congratualtions! :notworthy:

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just amazing. Congrats on a stellar hunt! Looks like you found another excellent spot.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations. You are an inspiration to hunters everywhere. Research and effort continue to pay off.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trench lighter in that mix ? ? ?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Trench lighter in that mix ? ? ?

I believe it is just a small lipstick AARC. I haven't tried to open it yet. It is shaped like a trench lighter, however it has a small button on it like most the lipsticks I find. Last time I opened a lipstick i got red cwap all over my hands! So I might open it but at the moment I am thinking just a lipstick.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Kreml hair cream for men was a sponsor of the Sherlock Holmes radio program with Nigel Bruce (I think in the 30's and 40's). Great finds, as always.
HH
dts

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congratulations. You are an inspiration to hunters everywhere. Research and effort continue to pay off.

I do have to admit. It wasn't my research at all. I was told about this place from a couple of waders. I promised them I would not touch the wading area and I have kept that promise. I go out to neck deep then go under and go out a bit further. My finds have all been in 6 - 8' of water.

Effort, now that I can say I put into these hunts. I hunt a in a unique way and it pays. As I have stated earlier, the weeds and the muck are terrible here. Since it isn't being stirred up by swimmers anymore since the 1960's it has turned into a nightmare. I have been putting my coil in the weeds and listening to very faint beeps. If I get one I move the invasive weeds out of the area. Then I dig through the muck down to hard packed gravel. Most the time the target is down in the gravel. I usually use my dive knife to dig. After I get the target, I put my machine down and use both arms to move the muck away. Then I detect more. The swim buckles and key tags are big pieces of brass that usually make my machine sound off first. However halves do also.

I keep going back over the spots I have hit because day after day since the weeds are gone, the current has been taking more and more of the muck away. Now the dimes and pennies and rings show up better. Some are deep down in the hard packed gravel and barely give a whisper. This area will never be cleaned out. As I have stated. It is a virgin underwater park.

Even after I posted pictures and made a couple of people angry, I still have never seen another diver or wader in this area. The waders have hammered the shallows. Sure there are more things to find but just like land parks they are very few and far between.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
cool stuff! That's a lot of dive belt thingys. You consistently pull them out... what do they ring up as? Are they the same as rings, or do you have a general idea what they are before you pull them?

Skippy

Skippy, those are swim belt buckles. Before draw strings they had rubber belts with the buckles on them. On my CZ-21, they ring as a mid tone or gold ring. My Tiger Shark they ring up as a solid signal and not discriminated out at all. And absolutely no idea what they are at all until I dig them.

Us water hunters don't have the luxury of numbers. We just have beeps.

This is what I have found so far this year at this spot. The bucket is about 3/4's full

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Another really nice haul. Congratulations sir.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, since you don't have the luxury of VDI numbers, are your beeps just beeps or are they multi-toned to give you any indication of size, metallic content, trash, silver etc...? Thx in advance, ddf.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt again, Scuba. You are a man of your word, even though competition is part of the American fabric and he who works hardest gains the most. Sounds like a lot of work to get the goods out in the surf, so savor each find. Invent an underwater weed eater! Your gold ring is a stunner, congrats. Sub 8-)

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fantastic... truly fantastic! Congrats on finding an old spot with lots of treasures to be saved!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, since you don't have the luxury of VDI numbers, are your beeps just beeps or are they multi-toned to give you any indication of size, metallic content, trash, silver etc...? Thx in advance, ddf.

On the CZ-21 they are multi tone. Low for iron, mid for lead aluminum, brass and gold. high for silver and clad. A bell tone for overload which usually are cans, however, guns, lighters, big gold rings, and the buckles if close give a bell tone. I dig them all anyway.

The Tiger Shark is one tone. I really don't care. I have nails discriminated out mostly. Rusty bent ones fool the machine BUT, it isn't hard to dig except in some spots so I don't mind digging everything. Ohh washers. Now those things are a royal PAIN. For some reason there are tons of them where the dock was.

I used to swear by the CZ-21 exclusively. However the Tiger Shark really does a wonderful clean up job and it is easier to move around in the weeds. Both machines compliment each other and I will use both from now on.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Awesome hunt again, Scuba. You are a man of your word, even though competition is part of the American fabric and he who works hardest gains the most. Sounds like a lot of work to get the goods out in the surf, so savor each find. Invent an underwater weed eater! Your gold ring is a stunner, congrats. Sub 8-)

Unfortunately that is my friend KEVIN's gold ring! GRRRRR. He didn't find one piece of silver, however he scored that thing. I think it will be mine in the near future though! He doesn't detect as much as I do and so I really think he doesn't listen to the very faint beeps. You can only tell someone so much and the rest they have to learn on their own.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and they are usually pre WWII cause they stopped making them out of brass when war started - so they are a great sign for water hunters
as is proof by his finds - you start getting these and you should get silver and older gold :thumbsup:

Skippy, those are swim belt buckles. Before draw strings they had rubber belts with the buckles on them. On my CZ-21, they ring as a mid tone or gold ring. My Tiger Shark they ring up as a solid signal and not discriminated out at all. And absolutely no idea what they are at all until I dig them.

Us water hunters don't have the luxury of numbers. We just have beeps.

This is what I have found so far this year at this spot. The bucket is about 3/4's full

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratulations013-d028c793490f216e4abf51f374c83182.gif concerto%20di%20musica.gif ..that diamond ring is killer!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread