tayopa, legend or reality ...?

Attachments

• arrow.jpg 3.jpg
    arrow.jpg 3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 332
Janiece - I say DIAMOND! HOO-EE! Congratulations! Now I am jealous! ;D

Thank you for the linkee too, I will take advantage!
Oroblanco

Gossamer,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where can I go look at the talk about Vikings?
thank you
Janiece
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering your questions and comments about the mica found in the floor of the Mica Temple, the "Viking" segue is an amazing coincidence. Are you aware of the Viking name connection to the mica you were discussing?

My guess is that the mica originally was brought into Mesoamerica by the Olmec's, rather than the Maya. When you consider their engineering abilities and the distances they moved objects that weighed twenty tons or more, that seems like a reasonable assumption. The mica you are talking about was supposedly moved 2000 miles from Brazil to Teotihuacan..

The Olmec's considered mica a sign of wealth. It was treasured by many Native American Cultures. Mirrors made from mica were especially prized and magical properties were attributed to the mineral. It could be that the belief in those magical properties was the impetus for moving the sheets of mica so far, and burying them in the floor of the Mica Temple. Their presence in the Pyramid of the Sun could be for those same magical reasons.

Since you asked for opinions, I was interested enough in the topic to offer mine. They are no better than anyone else's, but few opinions are being offered here, or in the Archaeological Community. Graham Hancock
(no archaeologist) wrote a short passage on page's 174 & 175 in "Fingerprints Of The Gods".

No doubt much of what is being posted here, belongs in another topic, but....... :dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

i should have left these .pictures and yes this is a large bill or also called a horse blanket ...

Attachments

• down wind 003.JPG
    down wind 003.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 342
  • down wind 004.JPG
    down wind 004.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 301
Cubfan64 said:
The only people who know what I've found are myself and my wife - Just because I'll be retiring at age 49 to a life of luxury when I've never made over $50K per year doesn't mean anything - or does it :wink:

Hopefully a statement in jest. Otherwise, you've just established yourself as a blip on the radar.

do worry i can set up radar from scratch ,i can set them and read them and scale them to maps and shore line and to bearing lines ... he is being watched , why do think he was the one going to site 1 .....lol

Ed: you mentioned the copper property. Is it at the junction of the rios Chinapas, Fuerte and Septentrion - southern Chihuahua, Sonora, and northern Durango and Sinaloa?? I.E. Palo Dulce on the rail road?

You also posted --->

It may be possible you might want to spend some time in Mazatlan..
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yer kidding no? why would a tired, frozen, gambasino, cowboy / writer from Dakota want to lounge in the warm sand ogling females at Mazatlan when he could be snow bound in a lonely cabin writing about TAYOPA????

Yer weird ED ~

Don Jose de La Mancha

BB youposted -->

you would get sick of coffee for what that bill is worth ...LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~

An old swabbie making a silly remark like this is weird, unrealistic, N E V E R !

I would even drink Djucy';s coffee, but I am wary of ORO"S egg shell, crunchy bug stuff.

My favorite theme song is "Java time"

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I must admit that on many of my exploration trips I carried only tea simply because of the weight & , availability etc problems. It is almost mandatory to share your coffee with whomever you meet on the trail in the back country, I almost never ran out since most do not like tea, yet I met the social amenities. snicker snicker.

El cheapo Don Jose de La Mancha

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine,sugar and fat" -Alex levine

nephew steals a little gold off the dutchman and he see him steal it and laughs , the next morning the dutchman see the nephew reach for the dutchman's coffie cup ... we know what happend next ! ....lol

Cubfan64 said:
the blindbowman said:
Cubfan64 said:
stay safe stay free

Yah, that's what I thought

have you ever found anyting?

Let me show you how easy this is - took me all of 5 minutes and I don't have photoshop on this computer...

The best documented and most searched-for Wisconsin outlaw cache is the suit- case containing $200,000 in currency that John Dillinger buried in the woods behind the Little Bohemia Lodge on Star Lake in 1934. When Federal agents learned that Dillinger and his gang had taken over the Little Bohemia, they mobilized a strike force which quickly closed off three sides of the Lodge. The lakeside, however, was left unguarded. Worse yet, the jumpy G-men mistook Eugene Boisoneau and John Hoffman, two workers from a nearby CCC camp, for members of the gang and opened fire on them as they left the Lodge. Boisoneau was killed, Hoffman was badly wounded, and the outlaws were alerted to the impending ambush.

Dillinger slipped out the back window and hid the suitcase in the woods. In the ensuing confusion the gang split up and escaped along the lake shore, killing a Federal agent in the process. Dillinger himself was gunned down in Chicago, taking the secret of the location of the suitcase full of swag to his grave.

I grew up in Wisconsin and spent much of my life around the Little Bohemia Lodge - I found a suitcase one day full of these...

DillingerLoot.jpg

What's the matter? Isn't this proof enough??

Just in case anyone seriously thought I found Dillinger's long lost loot from the Little Bohemia Lodge in northern Wisconsin, my whole point in putting the above post together was to give BB an indication of how simple it is for anyone to toss together a story, a couple photos of 1914 $5 bills and make grand claims without ever having to provide evidence. Would I have honestly expected anyone to believe my claim with just the little bit that I posted - not a chance, which is exactly what I was trying to get across to BB - that just posting a few photos and theories isn't enough to convince anyone of anything and it's just silly to be offended if someone questions you.

Janiece - I think the other folks here have known me long enough to assume I was kidding, but I didn't want you thinking I was trying to pull a fast one or being a jerk or anything. I did read up on the Dillinger story when I was younger and did actually even look for it a few times - from what I could find out, odds are the "buried suitcase of loot" probably never happened, and even if it did, it's either been recovered a long time ago or has rotted into nothingness by now :)

Oro - Yes, I took BB's post in response to my "sitting on the fence" poorly. Fun is fun, and kidding is kidding, but sometimes a line is crossed and this was one of those times. It was in really poor taste, not amusing and is one of those signs of true character in my book. I don't expect any other response from him at this point other than the typical "lolol." I really have nothing further to say about it.

Springfield - I'm fine being on the radar screen - I have absolutely nothing to hide and never will - it's just not in my nature. I don't consider myself to be extraordinary in any facet of my life and I'm certainly not a braggart, but I do take great pride in the fact that I'm probably one of the most down to earth and honest person you could meet.

I do plan to retire by age 49, but it has nothing to do with finding any buried treasures - and also remember that one person's idea of "life of luxury" may be significantly different than another's :).

Now everyone go out there and find some buried treasures to post photos of!!!!

Cubfan64 said:
... Springfield - I'm fine being on the radar screen - I have absolutely nothing to hide and never will - it's just not in my nature. I don't consider myself to be extraordinary in any facet of my life and I'm certainly not a braggart, but I do take great pride in the fact that I'm probably one of the most down to earth and honest person you could meet.

I do plan to retire by age 49, but it has nothing to do with finding any buried treasures - and also remember that one person's idea of "life of luxury" may be significantly different than another's .....

Whew! Good to clear that up and to see that your head is screwed on nicely.

cactusjumper said:
Really! And all this time I just thought you needed a mommy. :D

Joe Ribaudo

You forgot the tasteful.... FO.... farewell that was later edited out.

cactusjumper said:
Really! And all this time I just thought you needed a mommy. :D

Joe Ribaudo

you know why i havent said anything to you as late cj .. its because i am laughing . you know something you dont even under stand you know it ... it was one of the main clues and out right you could solve the legend if you truely under stood what it means . but you dont . you dont even got clue you know it .. you even repeated it twice and you still dont under stand what it truely means ...

so go ahead and make your jokes i am already laughing ...LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back