tayopa, legend or reality ...?

Hello again,

Blindbowman wrote:
but i know for a fact this vein runs at lest 1200 ft .....and i beleive i see this vein surface again a 1/4 mile from the area of the 1200 ft mark ...so the over all vein could run as much as 2/3 of a mile long ...

Yep I DID miss that one. I have to agree with Jeffro (and my sincere apologies amigo) if the vein is this large and obvious, it seems unlikely in the EXTREME that so many (the estimates run into several hundred thousand people over a century) folks could have missed that! How can this be reconciled?

Blindbowman also wrote:
where did i say it was visable ...?

Are you saying that the vein is this large, yet is not plainly visible to the eye? While this could be possible, it seems very unlikely, especially when we consider what type of ore the Lost Dutchman had - a white quartz! Wouldn't you expect that this would stand out at once, if exposed to the surface? Or are you saying that the vein is not exposed to the surface? I am confused again. :icon_shaking2: If the vein is NOT plainly visible, how were you able to trace it out and give such a description as posted? Through electronic instruments (like metal detectors or ground-penetrating radar) or dowsing or ????

We have been bantering over a pretty broad spectrum in several threads - for instance this thread is titled "Tayopa" yet we are discussing the LDM. I know that our amigo Blindbowman feels certain that several of the legends discussed are in fact all talking about a single place, and this place is the Superstition Mountains - and I have problems in trying to tie the various legends together. The ore itself is one of the most serious obstacles to linking the legends - now I am NOT claiming to be a geologist or mining engineer (heck I still have never seen a piece of nickel ore for instance, other than photos) but it is a fact that gold ores, and silver ores, are highly 'individual' - they are like 'fingerprints' in that no two veins are identical. A good geologist or mining engineer can readily identify the sources of various ores. So when we try to tie in Tayopa, which has both silver and gold ores, (and both lode and placer gold) to the Lost Dutchman, we have an immediate stumbling block - for the ore examples we can examine that are purported to have originated in the mine of Jacob Waltz are what would be classed as a hypothermal vein - having coarse, large particles of gold in a white or clear quartz matrix of large crystals. I do not have a sample of the ore from Tayopa's silver or gold mines, but relying on our amigo Real de Tayopa as well as records, that ore is more likely to be a mesothermal type, with small to medium gold/silver particles in a colored quartz matrix of smaller crystals (the color possibilities ranging from dark almost black, to yellow-orange, to greens etc). How can this be reconciled? Unless they are two different veins (and we know that the mines of Tayopa numbered 17 or 18, not one single vein) then I don't see how to make this idea work. That is counting only the problem with the ores - not even touching on the other problems, such as timeline, geographic location, the size of the workings, etc.

Then when we try to tie in other legendary mines such as Peraltas or Gonzales or Sombrero etc we have no records of any known production - only a story. How can it be proven whether a mine is in fact the Sombrero, if we have NO examples of the ore from the Sombrero to compare it to? By the dimensions alone? Or a combination of information including dimensions, exact location, artifacts found etc? Yep I am confused about this point too.

Blindbowman you have hinted that you have more evidence, but are not willing to post it publicly - so we are left to speculate. Wouldn't you feel skeptical, if the roles were reversed? Is there some part or item of evidence that you could post in public, without releasing any vital information - that would serve to seal the case or tip the scale to "more likely" than not? If so, I would sure appreciate if you could post it.

Real de Tayopa wrote:
Hydro thermaL infusion of extensive, deep, essentially vertical, Basalt faulting

Thank you kindly amigo! So there are similarities - for I know there are basalts in the Superstitions, as well as other igneous rock types - even a bit of granite and a little sedimentary rock in some places. We know that igneous rocks themselves are poor hosts of metallic minerals, but those intrusions of hydrothermal types of rock can be extremely rich in gold, silver, copper etc.
Oroblanco

So if the basic country rock is basalt, which has a specific gravity range of 3.2 to 3.5, a cubic foot of it should weigh 199 to 217 pounds, assuming it has no quartz or gold. Hmm.
Oroblanco

(Will be back in a bit...pizza is calling! ;D :D ::) :thumbsup:)

Jeffro said:
the blindbowman said:
i can only tell you that i beleive the true mine may be as much as 20 times the size the dutchman thaught it was ....the only mine i have seen that even comes close is the 16 to 1 mine .. but with one thing diffrent . the vein is like no other vein i have ever seen it looks to be the width of a road or more and at times as thich as 1 yard deep , the main ore vein is about 2ft thich ..the vein looks to be about 400 ft long and only about 7 ft of the vein has been worked at all .but i know for a fact this vein runs at lest 1200 ft .....and i beleive i see this vein surface again a 1/4 mile from the area of the 1200 ft mark ...so the over all vein could run as much as 2/3 of a mile long ...

i figerd about 600 cubic pre 10ft by 20ft wide of vein and the vein looks to me to be about 3960 ft long ,thats 237600 cubic at about 36.6 cubic pre metric ton 6491.8 metric tons of ore ...just a rough guess IMHO

Right here-

no in fact you are translateing what you think its saying in your opioion .. what do I say . i say from the mine that i have seen in a dirrection out to about 1200 ft i could beleive the vein runs to that distence but i see a place about 2/3 of a mile from there in that same dirrection that also shows this same type of vein surfaceing .. it dose not mean i can see the vein laying in open veiw ... LOL ...

i have been rock hounding most of my life what i see is some kind of rare geological phenomenon i dont under stand it fully my self how the hell do you exspect me to discribe what this thing is , when i dont fully under stand it my self .. its like there are two diffrent deposites at this site in the same area .. one i call a dike deposite of silver ore ..and the other i would have to say is some kind of much older volcanic flow of some kind of a thremal type of blowout ..

that would be my best guess ...

but the flow of the vein is dirrected by a fault line and the elevation of the area ...

good night ...

bb,

It's useless to run from your own words. They will always be a part of your history.....no matter how fast you dance.

You explain this:

"the vein is like no other vein i have ever seen it looks to be the width of a road or more and at times as thich as 1 yard deep , the main ore vein is about 2ft thich ..the vein looks to be about 400 ft long and only about 7 ft of the vein has been worked at all .but i know for a fact this vein runs at lest 1200 ft"

With this:

"no in fact you are translateing what you think its saying in your opioion .. what do I say . i say from the mine that i have seen in a dirrection out to about 1200 ft i could beleive the vein runs to that distence but i see a place about 2/3 of a mile from there in that same dirrection that also shows this same type of vein surfaceing .. it dose not mean i can see the vein laying in open veiw ... LOL ..."

You can't really leave your public history behind you. The cannabis site, the occult site, they are you. :icon_jokercolor: You can delete your posts and make wholesale changes, but ......

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on; nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it."
The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

Nice try though.

Joe Ribaudo

CJ, it don't really matter... we can't see what the heck it is he's talking about anyways.

The thing that caught my eye was the description you gave BB, which in your own words appeared to me that you were looking at a vein that cropped up in a couple different spots. At least that was my take on it.

I've spent a few years in the desert myself. And I've spent a few years here in Oregon down in gold country. Difference being there is a heckuva lot more ground cover here. Pretty rare to see an exposed vein anywhere, so we look for changes in foliage. Different color leaves on the trees, different species growing amongst the predominant ones, etc. things like that that would indicate mineralization below. Now I know when I see a narrow band of scrub oak running right through a forest of Doug fir, its time to do some scratching and see whats there.

Now down in the desert, unless you're on the valley floor, there isn't a whole lot that covers the view, most times. At least not like here in Oregon anyways. You will see veins a lot more clearly than we will. Which is why it kinda jumped out at me, with all the people looking around down there, no one has come across this exposed vein you described.

Any pics? Any way to zoom in using google earth or something to help us get a picture of what it is you're talking about?

HOLA amigos,

Ed T wrote:
Hey y'all, I have some beach front property for sale in Texas...LOL

Who on earth has ever heard of anyone finding 13 mines that nobody is or was working recently...

I am surprised nobody in here has called me a BIG FAT LIAR...

I am sorry for pulling everyone's chain...

Furthermore, who on earth would have given up such a location if it existed?

I hope you got a good laugh out of it Oro.

Ed T

No amigo, the laughs are on ME - you really had me going there! I even tried to find a couple of books I have on old mines. Ah well, just shows how gullible I am, and that it PAYS to be skeptical! :tard:
Oroblanco

Ed T wrote:
Hey y'all, I have some beach front property for sale in Texas...LOL

Who on earth has ever heard of anyone finding 13 mines that nobody is or was working recently...

Apologies for not answering those questions - first,

Beach front property in Texas...well Texas has beach, quote:
GULF OF MEXICO. For 624 miles, from the Rio Grande delta to Sabine Pass,qv the Gulf of Mexico washes the Texas shore.
(from handbook of Texas online at: http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/GG/rrg7.html

Next, whoever heard of finding 13 mines...well how about 17 mines? Our mutual amigo Real de Tayopa has found a group of mines that for all intents and purposes appears to be the original Tayopa - but has been unable to actually work them *that may change soon* there are cases where over 100 mines have recently been discovered (ancient Ethiopian mines) that had no one working them, and most are still not being touched. I personally know a place where there are 11 old mines in one remote canyon, and I guarantee you can get gold out of each and every one of them - yet no one touches them or even sees them. (The gold is not that rich, but there is likely enough that you could make 'wages' if you worked hard) They are very old and the entrance of every one has been damaged more or less by rains and earth caving in, so I have heard of someone finding several mines that no one is working on. You didn't say that you found 13 mines like Homestake after all, I sure presumed you were referring to the small old-time mines...sort of like this:
2.jpg

Next..

Ed T wrote:

Well for one thing, it is not allowed to be calling our fellow members "liars" here on T-net, and it is bad manners as well; besides, in order to call someone a liar, one must be able to prove that person is lying, correct? I tend to take a person at face value, until they give me reason not to.

Ed T also wrote:

No apols necessary, most people enjoy a good laugh after all. However, as to who or whom would have given up such a location - well you never said that you had given up on the location, at least I did not catch any such statement. Then there are numerous problems involved with a mine, just to keep it and more to try to put it into operation - you must know of the many hoops you must now jump through in order to get the necessary permits, bonds, reclamation plans, etc and security is another factor. If a remote spot suddenly has a LOT of activity, it WILL attract thieves, claimjumpers and spies. So it is not a simple matter to get a mine up and running - as they say, finding the gold mine is NOT the end of your troubles, getting it OUT is perhaps even more of a trick! Then too, Mrs Oro and I own several mines that we do not work on a constant basis, but do visit them and do assessment work on, they have gold but are just not rich enough to make it possible to retire on. Of course if gold prices keep on rising, a couple of them are 'possibles' and we would need to think it over again whether to go and get the mine operating again.

As you have now revealed yourself (using polite terminology) as a Taurus Excreta Artist Extraordinaire, I will keep my salt shaker handy in future! :o ::) ;D :D :wink: :notworthy:

Oroblanco

Hello Gentlemen...
I have a question. What does mica play in the grand scheme around mines. Do you find it near mines... and what ore would also be close?
I have a very good reason why I ask, once I find out a little bit about.
I have a 9 pd rock of Peacock ore... don't? My uncle gave it to when I was a child... I collected rocks and he helped. He worked and died in the mine in Superior.
Mica is what I really would like to know.
Janiece

I very well may take you up on that offer amigo, and am working to be able to do a few things including going to Mexico, if things work out as we hope. I would enjoy meeting you even without a Topia too! I still want to find out what Machaka tastes like...
(Sorry for the delay there, was talking about another far-fetched theory with our amigo Pegleglooker in another thread - Vikings in the southwest!)

Gossamer wrote:
Hello Gentlemen...
I have a question. What does mica play in the grand scheme around mines. Do you find it near mines... and what ore would also be close?

Well I am no geologist but mica is a major constituent of a type of stone known as 'micaceous schist' which is a type of stone sometimes associated with gold mines, if it has hydrothermic intrusions of quartz etc. Plain old mica by itself can be valuable if the flakes are large enough, I know they were formerly used in the manufacture of small lamps, the windows in ovens and woodstoves etc and I think they are still used to some degree for this, plus small flakes are used in the manufacture of certain electronic parts (in particular a type of capacitor as it is a good insulator). I am sure there are other industrial uses as well. Wiki has a fair article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica
a bit more at:
http://www.galleries.com/minerals/silicate/micas.htm

Tiny bits of mica are occasionally mistaken by neophytes as flakes of gold, but are much lighter and brittle while gold is very soft and malleable. Peacock ore, hmm...? :icon_study:
Oroblanco

the blindbowman said:
thats good thats why you will still be rideing the fence when i am researching the objects recoverd ...dont worry CJ will be there with you ...lol ,,,just because you got a pole up your ass dose not mean your rideing a fence ...lol dont let Cj stand behind you ...LOL

So really what you're saying BB is that you can dish it out but you can't take it right? How self righteous of you. You're someone with a "God" complex who believes that every word out of your mouth should be awe inspiring and taken as the absolute truth. You pity the rest of us for our sad little existence and you feign outrage when you're questioned by mere pathetic humans.

If you have all the powers and numerous abilities that you claim to have - in addition to the compassion and understanding that your brother Jesus exhibited, it seems to me that you wouldn't be wasting those skills on searching for some long lost meaningless treasure and researching 5000-10000 pages of data per day. There are so many of your own native american people out there who could use your help to solve all sorts of problems in their lives.

I have two questions for you - two simple question that should be very easy to answer

1) What is your purpose for coming to this forum with your "facts?"

2) Why do you continue to post if you already have all the answers and the rest of us are too stupid to understand?

Out of curiosity, a general question: have any of you actually worked in an underground mine and seen ore from a sulfide deposit being mined? Not 'ore samples' from the dump, but vein material, the stuff that made the mine a mine.

stay safe stay free

Ps . One of the most spectacular robberies perpetrated by the Lamm gang, with the expert help of Harvey Bailey, was the robbery of the Denver Mint, December 18, 1922. The "Denver Mint" robbery is technically a misnomer. The robbery was of a delivery truck of the Federal Reserve Branch Bank of Denver. The truck was picking up a consignment of currency that had been stored for security at the Denver Mint.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Denver (branch of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank) was located at that time in the Interstate Trust Building at 16th and Lawrence Streets. Vaults there were inadequate, so large amounts of currency and coin were kept in the Mint building on Colfax Avenue.

Some days prior to the robbery,Lamm and his associates took an apartment at 13 10 E. Colfax Avenue near the Mint in the Altahama apartment building. At 8 a.m. on December 18, the day of the robbery, the gang had breakfast at the apartment and left about an hour later in a stolen car.

To the bank's men who were to transfer the money that morning from the Mint to the bank, it meant a short but chilly ride in the mesh-wire cage on the back of a pickup truck. Arrangements for the transfer of $200,000, all in new five dollar bills, had been made by coded telegram from the U.S. Comptroller's Office in Washington, D.C., and local telephone from the bank. The currency was wrapped in ten packages, each eighteen inches long, weighing eight pounds each.

Bank cashier J. E. Olsen had Will Havenor drive him to the Mint in the bank's pickup truck. The money was loaded into

the mesh-wire cage and guarded by armed men. As the pickup emerged onto Colfax Avenue, it was cut off by the gang in the stolen car, a big Buick, and a ninety second gunfight ensued.

The pickup was forced to the curb, and the money was hastily removed at gunpoint. As the Buick sped away, it was noticed that one of the robbers, next to the driver, was slumped over. The getaway car sideswiped a truck but managed to escape the robbery scene. Later it was determined that the robbers proceeded to the Altahama apartments to divide up the money and place it in suitcases.

The ninety seconds in front of the Denver Mint triggered the greatest manhunt in Denver history. Garages, public and private, were searched, especially around the Capitol Hill area. Eighteen days after the robbery the Buick, bloody and battered, was located in a residential garage rented at 1631 Gilpin Street. Slumped in the front seat was the frozen body of one of the robbers. He was identified as Nicholas Trainor, alias J.S. Sloane, a member of the gang of Harold G. Bums. A bank guard had also been killed.

Between noon and I p.m. on the day of robberies, voices of members of the gang were heard in the Altahama apartment, where they divided the money before leaving Denver. Two days after the robbery, Mrs. J.S. Sloane, widow of the robber who was found dead, and Mr. and Mrs. Harold G. Bums left the apartment about 3 p.m. carrying suitcases containing their shares of the stolen money. .

Several gangs had joined to pull the Denver Mint robbery. An elaborate trap was set for the remaining criminals in February 1923 in St. Paul, Minnesota, where it was believed the gang had been hiding. Although it failed, $80,000 of the loot was recovered from the cellar of a St. Paul banker. In 1925 federal agents announced they had identified all members of the gang, but no names were made public. In 1934 Denver Police Chief A.T. Clark said that five men and two women, responsible for the robbery, were dead or serving terms for subsequent crimes. Some believe as many as twelve were involved in the heist. However, no one was ever arrested or served time in prison for the Federal Reserve Bank robbery in front of the Denver Mint.

HIO Sorry for being a bit late, but have been extremely busy and since they are tearing my roof out and replacing the beams, my Computer has been moved 30 times. dust everywhere, including on me sniff.

A) On the weight of gold, what is the problem? Pure Gold weoghsd 1204 lbs a cu ft. Most gold as recovered in a mine, is a bit more difficult to establish since it is mixed with many other minerals, metals, plus the host rock. In a mine the amount of Gold in a cu ft is of no practical consideration in the vein materiel since it is measured in grams, or at most, a few ounces in perhaps in a handful of mines in the world. This is really in practicality, a very small change one way or the other, unless you are talking in milions of tons of materiel..
********************************************************************************************

B) Ed you posted -->

I could have said that I found 17 mines in the area I am playing with
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shucks Ed, I have 18, and inside of xxx meters from the Church / Capilla. hehheeehh.
********************************************************************************************

ORO here is a map of TAYOPA which has never seen much circulation. Notice the striking similarity betwen it and Dobie's map. including orientation. Conclusions?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• .jpgidentification of the mines.jpg[1]©@.jpg
    .jpgidentification of the mines.jpg[1]©@.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 738
  • distances of mines from church door ©@.jpg
    distances of mines from church door ©@.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 616
the blindbowman said:
Cubfan64 said:
stay safe stay free

Yah, that's what I thought

have you ever found anyting?

Let me show you how easy this is - took me all of 5 minutes and I don't have photoshop on this computer...

The best documented and most searched-for Wisconsin outlaw cache is the suit- case containing $200,000 in currency that John Dillinger buried in the woods behind the Little Bohemia Lodge on Star Lake in 1934. When Federal agents learned that Dillinger and his gang had taken over the Little Bohemia, they mobilized a strike force which quickly closed off three sides of the Lodge. The lakeside, however, was left unguarded. Worse yet, the jumpy G-men mistook Eugene Boisoneau and John Hoffman, two workers from a nearby CCC camp, for members of the gang and opened fire on them as they left the Lodge. Boisoneau was killed, Hoffman was badly wounded, and the outlaws were alerted to the impending ambush.

Dillinger slipped out the back window and hid the suitcase in the woods. In the ensuing confusion the gang split up and escaped along the lake shore, killing a Federal agent in the process. Dillinger himself was gunned down in Chicago, taking the secret of the location of the suitcase full of swag to his grave.

I grew up in Wisconsin and spent much of my life around the Little Bohemia Lodge - I found a suitcase one day full of these...

DillingerLoot.jpg

What's the matter? Isn't this proof enough??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back