I think I lucked out several times in the education cycle of life. I attended a Catholic school called Balto Academy of the Visitation . It used the Calvert System. I only went there for the 4th grade, but I was taught Greek and Roman Mythology, the mythology of the Vikings and Norseman which had Thor And Woden as there leaders. I was also taught a bit of the other Christan religions and even the basis of Islam. The spelling book had words like boulevard and biscuit which are based on French and don't follow English rules. All your work was bound in a book the size of a dictionary at the end of each year. I still have a lot from that school. Oh, it had Nuns for teachers.
I also attended Baltimore Polytechnic institute. It was an engineering H.S. It taught you a subject like surveying, forge, foundry, wood working, machine shop drafting, etc, then you actually did the work involved in the subject. The physics and science classes were hands on along with text book theory. It was an all boys school and wearing a tie and dress shirt was optional, but everyone did along with there Kakies. I learned more in that school than I did at U of Md. I think I lived in the time of real education. Yes times have changed. Frank