Tell me if this sounds like the right way to deal with targets

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOCATION: About as remote as you can get the continental divide west fairplay. TRYIN DA FIND THAT GOOOOLLD YEEAAAHAAAAA!!! WOOP WOOP HEHEA @RT^ flaleir jga......

GEAR :minelab xterra 705

On a kruggarand I get a signal of 36 for gold and another signal that will pop up because there is copper.

So if I see 44 aluminum or 12 or -8 I won't dig. These are remote areas lots of hunting trash and camping trash around.

It would seem that the rocky mountains within 30 miles of Denver is just teaming with people even in all the mountain areas. Never noticed how many of us are here in Colorado now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going for gold hate to say your going to have to dig everything. Good practice would be to get some spent 22 bullets and a handful of bird shoot. Get used to digging bullets :) they tend to fall in the range you should mostly be looking for. Items above copper should not be ignored as old campsites are good places for coin spills. Enjoy.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch that -8 VID as it could be a good target but wrap around effect may be coming into play.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOCATION: About as remote as you can get the continental divide west fairplay. TRYIN DA FIND THAT GOOOOLLD YEEAAAHAAAAA!!! WOOP WOOP HEHEA @RT^ flaleir jga......

GEAR :minelab xterra 750

On a kruggarand I get a signal of 36 for gold and another signal that will pop up because there is copper.

So if I see 44 aluminum or 12 or -8 I won't dig. These are remote areas lots of hunting trash and camping trash around.

It would seem that the rocky mountains within 30 miles of Denver is just teaming with people even in all the mountain areas. Never noticed how many of us are here in Colorado now.

You never mentioned what coil you are using is it the higher frequency DD elliptical coil ?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold nugget signals can be anywhere on the VDI depending on the size of the target. Research and find a gold bearing area and dig everything. Sometimes the old relics or coins are worth more than the gold!

OP
OP
G

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whatever comes stock on it but it's a small ellipse yes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions