What's new

Teller offered me silver halves today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I called a local bank that I had not been to before inquiring about halves. I was told that they had $200 or so in rolls and some loose. When I got there I told the teller I called about the halves and she said "how many do you want?", and I said I would take all of them. It was kind of funny because all of the tellers started running over with loose halves wanting to get rid of them as fast as they could. One of the tellers then says "I have some more I forgot about". She brings over a small stack and says "look they are silver (pointing to the rims)". "They are probably worth more than 50 cents each".

At first I thought they were 64s when she showed them to me, but they turned out to be all 40s (most had completely silver rims). Anyway, got 12 of them. The rolls had no silver at all.

Also bought a box from a different bank (Brinks rolls) and all skunk except for a really nice 72S proof.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
well thats pretty good. :thumbsup:

SEMPER FI :sunny:
 
Just a thought..

If they act like that, then ask them if they have any other weird coin they want to get rid of?

Tellers hate $2 bills, 50c pieces, and $1 coins. People don't want them, so they just sit in their window. They have to account for it each day when they balance.

If you help them clean out their window, then they will love you. They might actually like to see you come in the door :).

You can always spend or dump what you dont want.

-SWUSC
 
Nice J4S. I'd take 12 keepers everyday. Those tellers sometimes hold some goodies......some of them stash them too......can't blame them though.
 
It doesn't get any better than when you get loose silver handed to you. :thumbsup:
 
Nice Jim damn u cant beat that when the tellers hand them to ya 8) , I have found that they are so happy to get rid of them ... alot of them will give you the silvers one too ...13 keepers including the proof to add to stash sweet :thumbsup:
 
nice job i may try that trikc next time im also gonna check a coinstar machine for soem rejects when i see em lol
 
You've got it good.....

Robin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom