What's new

Telller Messed up....I missed out, but.....

FL Junkman

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Went to one of my banks today to pick up a box of nickels and to order some halves. The teller stated that someone brought in $90. worth of halves this week but she gave them to one of their other branches who wanted them. I asked her if she checked the rolls for silver and she said they were all 1969's. I asked her why she didn't call me as I had left my name and number with her a while back in case they got any halves. She looked embarrassed and said she had forgotten. But then she said she still had a roll of mixed halves if I wanted them. Of course I said sure, thanks. Checked them after getting home and found that they were all 1966 through 1969. A solid roll of 40%'s. I try not to think about what I missed out on and just be thankful for what came my way. Maybe next time, the results will be different. Anyway, keep hunting, you never know.

FL Junkman
 
Upvote 0
So did you ask her which branch wanted them? I guess that would have been my first question & then headed on over there to see if they still had them.. Congratulations on the roll you got.
 
Well that stinks but you still walked away with a roll of silver!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Do not think about the ones you did not get.

You got a roll of silverrrrrrrrrr

Darth Walker
 
sometimes i get the impression that a few tellers like to have fun with some of us...i have 1 that always likes to tease me about "the silver rainbow" seems no matter what day or what time i come into the wank where she works she always "just sold some halves" to the "little ol retired man" i tell you he must really get around. i think she just likes to rattle my cage. i don't let it bother me anymore but at first it did. i was always trying to figure out when he came in and how i could beat him there. i now think that this "little ol man is just a phantom, and no matter how you try you can never beat out a phantom LOL
 
seger98 said:
So did you ask her which branch wanted them? I guess that would have been my first question & then headed on over there to see if they still had them.. Congratulations on the roll you got.



Ditto, hit that branch they sent them to and congrats on that solid roll :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom