What's new

Ten Antique Bottles Found Alongside River

farmdump

Full Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
163
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to the river today and decided to dig in a new location beside an old rock foundation for a store. Well, it didn't take long before I was hitting pieces of China and then after that bottles started popping out everywhere. In total I ended up digging probably around 12 bottles but some of them had white pieces inside and some of them smelled like they had once housed chemicals so I decided not to bring them back. In all though it ended up being a great day:)

P.S: On the long bottle with the letter on the bottom I was wondering if anyone could inform me on what the capital "B" means? I have a relative idea on how old it's but I wasn't sure what that letter meant on the bottom.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150124.747640.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150150.011765.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150163.828278.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150177.911423.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150192.582177.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150206.114836.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150219.238270.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448150232.900298.webp
 
Upvote 26
Alright well I guess the information I saw on Buck Glass co. online might not have been true but I can almost guarantee that by the color of the bottle and the molding on the sides it was made before 1900, most likely the 1890s.

That seems about right, because I dug loads of similar ones from the top of a Victorian bottle dump when I was a kid.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom