Tenn. Trio Hunt-1: Bayonet piece, Eagle button, & More Relics Dug Today!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After the dreary weather with heavy cloud cover, rain, and some sleet in Tennessee this week, we were ready to dig relics. Unfortunately, Josh couldn’t join us this morning but Dman (Doug) and I carried on the Tennessee Trio tradition. We returned to a late 1862 Indiana & Ohio Infantry and Michigan Cavalry Camp. The site has been pounded but the F75s still locate a few goodies.
Our finds from the morning hunt are on the Orange Modern Miner “Relic Rag”. Doug shows off another section of a bayonet he dug in the other pic. He dug another section of a bayonet in that same exact area during a hunt in Feb. last year. We hope he can eventually dig the whole thing. My eagle button was just a shield variety. Doug recovered another broken brass tent tensioner and it read around “62” on the F75. Enjoy the short video and HH, Quindy.
Note-Our friend Ty reminded me that the "T" shaped bit Doug found is called a "Cheek Snaffle Bit". Thanks Ty!!

Attachments

• DSCN0317 (414x640).jpg
    DSCN0317 (414x640).jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN0320 (480x640).jpg
    DSCN0320 (480x640).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Upvote 2
Thanks Quindy! Nice saves and video. I was going to go out tomorrow, but snow still on the ground and awful muddy.

Keepin the passion high my friend!!!:thumbsup:

Sorry but gotta make this short. but again great job guys... That one guy in the vest kinda reminds me of Dale Earnhardt don't know why! You guys got some luck on you're hands! :occasion14: :occasion14:

Quindy and DMan... Enjoyed your short video very much. I caught what DMan said about me and I'll say this "that boy ain't right"!!! I KNOW you 2 had fun and so glad that you guys could pull a few more relics out of that place. It still amazes me that you 2 could find anything there as it has been hit pretty hard. Your finds are a tribute to you and Doug's hunting skills. Tell DMan that his "peoples" down in Gallatin were asking about him :laughing9: Tennessee digger

That was a lot of fun today. I wish Josh could have been with us. Looking forward to our next hunt.
Dman

I need some time off work. You guys are killing me. Nice finds and you are right first decent day in a while. That bayonet is coming together like that Johnny cash song " One piece at a time "
Happy hunting guys great video.
TnMtns

Another successful hunt by the TN 2/3 Trio :laughing7: I had to pause the video to get a longer look at you speaking at the historical society! :thumbsup: Way to go Q & Dman! :) Breezie

Great bunch of relics guys as usual! I know how it is when a site has been hunted hard and to still pull some keepers, definitely a good feeling! Congrats! HH.

Nice hunt guys. Congrats on the CW lead. Looks like you guys scoured that spot pretty well with those F-75's.
If Dman needs those 2 pieces of bayonete welded back together I just finished my second class. LOL.

I had to pause the video on the spot where you were speaking about the Battle of Hartsville to that group at the Historic Society. I never thought I'd see that many people in a room older than you Q. Was there a buffet there? All I can figure is that due to age they probably misunderstood and thought you were giving a speech on how to Battle Heartworm. :-)

Great job Q.
Your red-headed step-child,
DUHg

Good hunt Quindy, it was a nice day in Tennessee to hunt yep. You guys just keep pulling it up ...HH

You guys always find nice stuff!

I hope Frag Finder didn't break a nail while he was opening the gate. :D

great finds as usual, gotta figure out how to put videos on this site.............. keep digging!:notworthy:

Nice hunt Quindy. Now I know what my piece with the hole in it is. lol. We have been trying for two weeks to get out but weather has stopped us each time. Trying for next Saturday. Congrats on some great saves.

As usual the Tenn Trio stricks again, you guy do some awesome video's
keep up the good work!.............HH

Thanks Brent. You & G2D dug lots of old flat buttons at your site too. HH, Q.

Rick, hope you got out in the Shenandoah as well my friend. HH, Q.

Thanks Cody. Send me some of those gold nuggets from CA Bud-LOL. HH, Q.

He does look like Dale HSD!! He drives my truck on these out of state hunting trips like him too-LOL. HH, Quindy.

I bet the people down there are asking about him Donnie. Let's finally locate that CSA camp next week my friend. Dale Dman will open the gates-LOL. Q.

Saddle up for a scouting & hunting trip late next week Dale Earnhart Dman. Q.

Richard, he will eventually find all of it unless we quit that site due to diminishing returns my friend. time for you to find more NA artifacts. HH, Q.

Breezie, you are overdue for another Banner and magazine article gal. thanks, Q.

Matt, we have pulled over 600 relics from that camp since last February. The funny thing is that the Yankees only camped there for 9 days!! There were almost 3,000 though. HH, Q.

MM, they heard I was giving out free Geritol-LOL. You and Dman are not my Red Headed Step-children as I would have knocked both of you in the head the first time you 2 aggravated me-LOL. I'll look good riding through a mud bog in you new Toyota 4x4 truck. Q.

Thanks Bill! You and the Cat had a good day at the old home too. HH, Q.

You have been digging some really nice relics as well Bird! Stay at it & HH Bud, Q.

BB, you know how easy it is for him to get injured. It was lucky the Frag. F. didn't have any gates to open in LA. HH, Q.

Thanks DV and i sent you a pm. HH, Q.

I hope you get out Randy. we dodged the snow here Bud. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Greg and we are getting better at making them. I have to remind Dman & Josh continually that these are educational-not comedy videos-LOL. HH, Q.

Nice hunt guys. Congrats on the CW lead. Looks like you guys scoured that spot pretty well with those F-75's.
If Dman needs those 2 pieces of bayonete welded back together I just finished my second class. LOL.

I had to pause the video on the spot where you were speaking about the Battle of Hartsville to that group at the Historic Society. I never thought I'd see that many people in a room older than you Q. Was there a buffet there? All I can figure is that due to age they probably misunderstood and thought you were giving a speech on how to Battle Heartworm. :-)

Great job Q.
Your red-headed step-child,
DUHg
That's an insult to red headed step children.

You guy's are on a roll , hope the the finds keep coming your way .

MM , Battle Heartburn :drunken_smilie:

Q where is the 1266 X ??? I feel sorry for it , sitting back at the house , poor old neglected relic beast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back