What's new

Tenn. Valley find, need I.D.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,217
Golden Thread
0
I am not familiar with the area, so need help. You can see where flakes have been taken from these. Is this Jasper ?
 

Attachments

  • Jasper4.webp
    Jasper4.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Jasper2.webp
    Jasper2.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Jasper3.webp
    Jasper3.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lets see both sides and if they are uni faced lets see the side view also. Beautiful material
 
The tool on the right looks like a nice high grade flint or jasper not sure on the left one but both look to be worked. I usually just put those types in my mystery tub. Hard to say if they were actually used and if they were used what would it of been used for? If I had found them I would keep them to.
 
Great looking artifacts. It looks similar to this material found in Middle Tn along the Duck River.the picture does not show the true color but it looks close?

IMG_5113.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom