Tesoro Cibola - Some Silver And Lobster

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got another early start this morning to beat the heat. I arrived at the site at around 6'oclock. I set up the my modded Cibola with a little negative on the ground balance, a very sight hum on the threshold, full sensitivity, the discrimination was set just high enough to discriminate out an iron nail.

Right off the bat I started digging wheat pennies, 25 of them for the day. I knew I was going to be finding silver soon.

I noticed a guy across the street who was standing at the end of his driveway watching me, so I removed my headphones and walked over and introduced myself. He asked me what I was looking for and told him coins that were minted on or before 1964.

Long story short, we made friends and he's going to let me detect his yard. His parents were the original owners and he has lived in that house since 1952 and knows all of his neighbors up and down the street. Best of all he knows which houses had kids and which yards that they played in the most.

Finally when I got back to detecting, I popped 1957 Quarter that was only a couple of inches. Thankfully, it was shallow, because it took some doing to just break the crust of the ground since it was so hard from the lack of rain.

I waved the silver coin to guy who lives across the street and he came to take a look. He said that he was surprised that I found a coin in that yard, since no kids have lived in that house for over 50 years. Heck, he told me what the father did for and living when he lived there, named kids and told me what companies that they run today. Wow!

I ended up finding another Silver Quarter (1937) and a Sterling Silver Lobster.

Towards the end of the hunt I met the guy who is going to be closing on the house on Thursday and he told me that he didn't appreciate me taking all the treasure before he closed on the house. I told him that I got permission from the seller to detect the yard. He starting laughing and told me that he was just kidding with me and I could detect the yard all that I wanted to

I'm heading back in the morning to look for some silver and gold.

tabman

Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20002_zps7ptocutz.jpg
Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20004_zpsnsthlenj.jpg

Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20006_zpslgapssly.jpg
Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20007_zpsesp1kyxq.jpg

Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20010_zpsrndkfwjh.jpg
Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20012_zpsmh1xgjk7.jpg

Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20019_zpsklt8ku3d.jpg

Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20023_zpseronjrdy.jpg

Cibola%20Sterling%20Lobster%20014_zpspnwb7zkn.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Congratz!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you thought the ground was hard, wait until you try to crack open that lobster :laughing7: JK, nice finds and cool that you now have connections in that neighborhood. :thumbsup:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice silver :thumbsup:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tab! That Lobsta is cool!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you thought the ground was hard, wait until you try to crack open that lobster :laughing7: JK, nice finds and cool that you now have connections in that neighborhood. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I was really surprised to see a silver lobsters pop out the ground.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Tabman you are becoming my go-to guy to read about Tesoros. I'm really thinking my next machine will be a Tesoro (prob Tejon as we discussed) . Maybe my next 2 as the Sand Shark is really sounding interesting to me as well. I really hate sitting here reading this board, getting all pumped up to buy more detectors, when I could be out actually swinging.... if it wasn't for this pesky job I have to go to daily! :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread