Tesoro Cortez. Any owners have some good settings they mind sharing?

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
So i got my dad one of these awhile back and he has really put some time in checking different situations and targets. we have a huge test bed and everything. But i would like to compare his settings to others.

And would actually like to know if anyone has found a good deep coin shooting setting and even a relic setting..

Any information that you might have learned and feel like sharing would be mucho appricated..

Thanks

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a deleon which is very similar. First I would guess your particular area and the soil mineralization will play a role in how you set it up. What works in one area might not in yours. What ever is working in your garden will probably be best in most of your situations. On my Deleon I generally put it on or near full sensitivity and don't discriminate out much more than iron. I set it right between discriminate above foil and under nickel. That's the advice I was given on this forum from more than one person and it works well for me. For relics I would max out sensitivity and dont discriminate. Hope this helps some. Cheers, shane

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
Have a Cortes about 2 years now. In large grassy areas of parks I use ALL METAL mode, coil penetrates wider and deeper. Cortes Meter.JPG Best if ground balance is done, keeps machine quieter. Then I switch to Disc mode to pinpoint and to double check target. All Metal is good where there is not a lot of trash. In Disc mode I keep Disc at near minimum and then I glance at the meter to see what it says. I don't use notch, don't like the results, it can block out gold rings. I don't use the SUM mode because the meter numbers tell me everything I need. Here's a pic of a label I made using MicroSoft Excel, easier for me to read. If you make one play with the Row heights to get it to line up with the bars on the meter. Then trim the label and turn it sideways to mount it on the meter with Scotch tape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread