Tesoro Stingray

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I have used a Stingray for years and IMO is one of , if not the best fresh water detectors ever made, it is great on small gold.I like it better than the Tiger Shark, it has a sharper response . It is no good in wet salt water sand............DV

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it funny when people say the stingray or tiger shark doesnt work in the wet salt sand/water. And yet its all i ever use and have no problems.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
I find it funny when people say the the Stingray works fine in wet salt sand obviously they have never tried a Excalibur or a CZ20 The Tiger or even the Stingray will work in w.s.t but they leave a lot to be desired.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the forerunner to the Tiger Shark with a great amount of sensitivity and gain. It had no trouble finding gold chains, even the thin ones. Both Tesoro's work well around the wet salt water sand, it depends if you were a dumb idiot and messed with the sens pot inside.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's are great detectors & I have used them since the Mayan & i currently own four of em. They just not the best for wet salt sand, especially on the southern Ca. beaches with black sand. As for being an idiot I have been detecting since the 1960's and have used almost every brand of detector made in this country. I even made and sold BFO's inthe 60's.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me, I didn't mean everybody to be an idiot, just the dudes that keep turning up the sens. pot thinking they will always get more depth. Sure there are other detectors out there that handle the wet saltwater sand and waves, but they also cost much more. Even the CZ20 and Excal sometimes run into trouble with too much black sand. I too have been at this from the 60's. There were a lot less hunters then........

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
your forgiven, I agree any vlf detector can have difficulty with black sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread